|SFMTA home > About Us > Public Notices and Meetings > SFMTA Citizens Advisory Council (CAC) > EMSC March 26, 2008, minutes|
City and County of San Francisco
Engineering, Maintenance and Safety Committee (EMSC)
Regular Meeting Minutes
Wednesday, February 27, 2008 at 3:30 p.m.
1. Call to Order / Roll Call: Chairman Weaver called the meeting to order at 3:30 p.m.
EMSC Members present at Roll Call: Steve Ferrario, Daniel Weaver and Jamison Wieser.
EMSC Members absent: None.
SFMTA CAC Members, not on this committee, but also present: Norman Rolfe
2. Adopt minutes of January 30, 2008:
Motion to adopt January minutes: Adopted. Ayes – Ferrario, Weaver and Wieser
3. Public Comment concerning any issue within the jurisdiction of the Council and not noted on the agenda: None
4. Report of the Chairman: Dan Weaver
Chairman Weaver said that EMSC meetings will start at 4:00 p.m.
5. Update on NextBus (Discussion/Action) Frank Lau
Mr. Lau said that arrival times for 81 of the 86 Muni service lines are now available through NextBus signs and the internet. All the new Clear Channel shelters will be eligible for NextBus signs since they are required to provide electrical or solar power. A new interface is being developed between ATCS and NextBus to improve prediction readability on subway monitors.
6. New Bus Cameras/Citation Procedures for Transit Lane Violations (Discussion/ Action) Virgil Dennis, Victoria Einhaus and James Lee
Mr. Dennis said that coaches are equipped with forward facing video cameras. Operators activate these cameras to mark events when vehicles are parked in transit lanes. DPT Enforcement issues citations based on video evidence. The 90-day test began on January 1, 2008. If this program is successful Mr. Ford is considering a 21-month system-wide project.
7. Light Rail Vehicles on Market Street and the Eureka Portal rebuild (Discussion/Action) John Byrd
Mr. Byrd was not available to attend this meeting.
8. Committee Members’ Questions/Information Requests: (Discussion)
9. Agenda Planning for the Next Regular Meeting Tentatively Scheduled:
Next regular meeting: March 26, 2008, at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, Conference Room 3075, at 4:00 p.m.
10. Adjournment: 5:20 p.m.
Respectfully submitted by:
311 Free language assistance / 免費語言協助 / Ayuda gratuita con el idioma / Бесплатная помощь переводчиков / Trợ giúp Thông dịch Miễn phí / Assistance linguistique gratuite / 無料の言語支援 / 무료 언어 지원 / Libreng tulong para sa wikang Tagalog / คว“มช่วยเหลือท“งภ“ษ“โดยไม่เส’ยค่าใช้จ่าย