|SFMTA home > About Us > Public Notices and Meetings > SFMTA Citizens Advisory Council (CAC) > OCSC July 20, 2009, minutes|
City and County of San Francisco
Operations & Customer Service Committee (OCSC)
Regular Meeting Minutes
Monday, July 20, 2009, at 3 p.m.
1. Call to Order / Roll Call
OCSC Members present at Roll Call: Joan Downey, Norman Rolfe and Ruth Wheeler (pro tem for Daniel Murphy)
OCSC Members absent: Mary Burns and Daniel Murphy
2. Adopt Minutes of June 15, 2009:
On motion to adopt the minutes of June 15: Adopted
3. Public Comment:
Rosie West stated that people were talking about the July 18, 2009 train collision at the West Portal Station.
4. Report of the Chairman: Joan Downey
5. Metro Operations Update (Discussion/Action) Frank Alejandro
Frank Alejandro, deputy chief, Rail Operations, was not able to attend.
6. Proof of Payment Audit (Discussion/Action) Joy Houlihan
Chairman Downey requested Joy Houlihan, deputy director, Security and Enforcement, to reschedule the Proof of Payment Audit report for the August 10, 2009 OCSC meeting.
7. The Process of Coordinating DPT Projects on Properties Owned by Other City Departments (Discussion/Action) Manito Velasco
Manito Velasco, engineer, Parking and Traffic, stated that requests for crosswalks, street legends and traffic signage can be submitted to the SFMTA or to the government department with jurisdiction over the property. The SFMTA assumes the role of a technical advisor to other government entities or city departments. Government entities are not required to contact the SFMTA for traffic striping and signage changes. Mr. Velasco will report back to the OCSC on the procedures for maintaining crosswalks and signage and report on the billing of technical services provided to other city departments.
Chairman Downey asked about establishing a crosswalk on Martin Luther King Jr. Drive in front of the SF Botanical Garden.
8. Committee Members' Questions/Information Requests and Review of responses (Discussion/Action)
• Norman Rolfe asked about the standard measurement for stop spacing, and what changes are being proposed by the Transit Effectiveness Project.
• Joan Downey asked if the pedestrian signal on Embarcadero at Washington and Broadway streets was pre-empted by the F Market Line.
• Norman Rolfe stated that the double yellow line on Carl Street, between Arguello and Cole streets needs to be repainted.
• Ruth Wheeler stated that she has observed cars passing trains on Carl Street and suggested that “Do Not Pass” signs be posted along Carl Street from Arguello to Cole streets.
9. Schedule Upcoming Meeting and Agenda Items
10. Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 4:35 p.m.
Respectfully submitted by:
311 Free language assistance / 免費語言協助 / Ayuda gratuita con el idioma / Бесплатная помощь переводчиков / Trợ giúp Thông dịch Miễn phí / Assistance linguistique gratuite / 無料の言語支援 / 무료 언어 지원 / Libreng tulong para sa wikang Tagalog / คว“มช่วยเหลือท“งภ“ษ“โดยไม่เส’ยค่าใช้จ่าย