|SFMTA home > About Us > Public Notices and Meetings > SFMTA Board > Policy and Governance Committee Jan. 13, 2009, minutes|
ORDER OF BUSINESS
1. Call to Order
The meeting was called to order by Chairman Nolan at 9:10 a.m.
2. Roll Call
3. Approval of Minutes
On motion to approve the minutes of the December 9, 2008 Regular Meeting: unanimously approved (Black-absent).
4. Public Comment
5. Discussion of upcoming SFMTA Board/Parking Authority Commission items. (No explanatory documents.)
Wade Crowfoot, Mayor’s Office, discussed a proposal to auction taxi medallions that the Taxi Charter Reform Committee will be developing for presentation to the SFMTA Board of Directors.
Chris Hayashi, Director of Taxis and Accessible Services, presented the draft Rules and Regulations.
Martin Smith spoke about fleet medallions, peak-time medallions, the process to renew permits, drug testing and raising gates and fees.
Mark Gruberg expressed concern about auctioning medallions, driver earnings and benefits, the composition of the Taxi Advisory Group, drug testing and legislation to increase rates and gates.
Brian Browne stated that there is no system for setting rates.
6. Discussion regarding the operation of the SFMTA Board of Directors/Parking Authority Commission.
No public comment.
7. Discussion and vote pursuant to Administrative Code Section 67.10(d) as to whether to conduct a closed session and invoke the attorney-client privilege.
On motion to invoke the attorney-client privilege: unanimously approved.
RECESS SPECIAL MEETING AND CONVENE CLOSED SESSION
8. Call to Order
Chairman Nolan called the closed session to order at 10:30 p.m.
9. Roll Call
10. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9 and the Administrative Code Section 67.8 (a) (3), the Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors will meet in Closed Session to discuss attorney-client matters in the following cases:
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
ADJOURN CLOSED SESSION AND RECONVENE OPEN SESSION - The closed session was adjourned at 11:04 p.m.
11. Announcement of Closed Session.
Chairman Nolan announced that the Policy and Governance Committee met in closed session to discuss several cases with the City Attorney. The committee took no action.
12. Motion to disclose or not disclose the information discussed in closed session.
On motion to not disclose the information discussed: unanimously approved.
ADJOURN – The meeting adjourned at 11:05 a.m.
A tape of the meeting is on file in the office of the Secretary to the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors.
The Ethics Commission of the City and County of San Francisco has asked us to remind individuals and entities that influence or attempt to influence local legislative or administrative action may be required by the San Francisco Lobbyist Ordinance [S.F. Campaign and Governmental Conduct Code section 2.100 et seq.] to register and report lobbying activity. For more information about the Lobbyist Ordinance, please contact the Ethics Commission at 415-581-2300; fax: 415-581-2317; 25 Van Ness Ave., Suite 220,, SF, CA 94102-6027 or the web site: sfgov.org/ethics.
311 Free language assistance / 免費語言協助 / Ayuda gratuita con el idioma / Бесплатная помощь переводчиков / Trợ giúp Thông dịch Miễn phí / Assistance linguistique gratuite / 無料の言語支援 / 무료 언어 지원 / Libreng tulong para sa wikang Tagalog / คว“มช่วยเหลือท“งภ“ษ“โดยไม่เส’ยค่าใช้จ่าย