|SFMTA home > About Us > Public Notices and Meetings > SFMTA Board > April 30, 2009, agenda|
SAN FRANCISCO MUNICIPAL TRANSPORTATION AGENCY
NOTICE OF MEETING AND CALENDAR
Thursday, April 30, 2009
SPECIAL MEETING AND CLOSED SESSION
SFMTA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Tom Nolan, Chairman
Nathaniel P. Ford, Sr.
Calendar item 10, Budget:
ORDER OF BUSINESS
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Announcement of prohibition of sound producing devices during the meeting.
4. Approval of Minutes
6. Introduction of New or Unfinished Business by Board Members
7. Executive Director’s Report (For discussion only)
8. Citizen’s Advisory Council Report
9. Public Comment
Members of the public may address the SFMTA Board of Directors/Parking Authority Commission on matters that are within the Board's jurisdiction and are not on today's calendar.
THE FOLLOWING MATTERS BEFORE THE SAN FRANCISCO MUNICIPAL TRANSPORTATION AGENCY BOARD OF DIRECTORS/PARKING AUTHORITY COMMISSION ARE RECOMMENDED FOR ACTION AS STATED BY THE SFMTA EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR/CEO OR CITY ATTORNEY WHERE APPLICABLE. EXPLANATORY DOCUMENTS FOR ALL CALENDAR ITEMS ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW AT 1 SOUTH VAN NESS AVE. 7th FLOOR.
10. Approving the SFMTA’s 2009-2010 Amended Operating budget in the amount of $779 million; certifying that the amended operating budget is adequate in making substantial progress towards meeting established performance standards; finding it necessary to increase certain fees, rates and charges that support public transit service, and that recover costs related to the regulation of the taxi industry; finding it necessary to reduce or eliminate certain public transit services; and finding that such increases in fees, rates and charges that support public transit, taxi-related regulatory fees and Muni service reductions are statutorily exempt from review under CEQA; approving increases in various fees, fares, rates and charges including on-street parking rates, taxi fees, paratransit and transit fares and passes; acting as the Parking Authority Commission approving off-street parking rates for the Lombard Street, Moscone Center, North Beach, Performing Arts, Polk Bush and SF General Hospital garages; approving expanded parking meter enforcement from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m., seven days per week except for New Year's day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas; concurring with the Controller’s certification that parking citation processing and collection; janitorial services for metered parking lots and shop facilities; facility security services; paratransit services; parking meter collection and coin counting services; low-level platform maintenance services; and vehicle towing, storage and disposal services can be practically performed by private contractors at a lesser cost than to provide the same services with city employees; affirming that all provisions of Resolution 08-066 that approved the original operating budget for Fiscal Year 2010 remain in full force except to the extent that they are specifically modified by this resolution; and authorizing the Executive Director/CEO to make technical and clerical corrections and allocate additional revenues in order to fund additional adjustments to the operating budget, provided that the Executive Director/CEO shall return to the SFMTA Board of Directors for approval of technical or clerical corrections that exceed a five percent increase of the total amended budget. (Explanatory documents include a staff report and resolution.) (Sonali Bose)
11. Acting as both the SFMTA Board of Directors and Parking Authority Commission, authorizing the SFMTA Executive Director/CEO to execute Contract SFMTA 2008/09-08, Advertising on SFMTA Vehicles and Other Property, with Titan Outdoor including a five-year term and a minimum annual guarantee to the SFMTA. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution, selection panel report and contract.) (Sonali Bose)
12. Authorizing the Executive Director/CEO or designee to advertise solicitation requests without SFMTA Board approval; approve and execute any contract having anticipated expenditures or revenues equal to or less than $500,000; approve and execute contract modifications of expenditure contracts for cumulative increases in contract amount, time or scope up to 20% of the original contract. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and chart.) (Debra Johnson)
13. Authorizing the Executive Director/CEO to execute a contract with DriveCam, Inc. using the existing DriveCam contract with the General Services Administration contract number GS-35F-0623S to purchase equipment, installation and managed services that will enable the SFMTA to implement a Driver Risk Management System to improve safety at a cost not to exceed $1,200,000. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and contract.) (Ken McDonald)
14. Authorizing the Executive Director/CEO to execute Contract No. SFMTA 2008/09-23, Advanced Train Control System Maintenance Support Services Agreement, with Thales Transport & Security for an amount not to exceed $5,000,000 and an initial term of five years with an option to extend for an additional five years. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and contract.) (Ken McDonald)
15. Discussion and vote pursuant to Administrative Code Section 67.10(d) as to whether to conduct a closed session and invoke the attorney‑client privilege.
RECESS REGULAR MEETING AND CONVENE CLOSED SESSION
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Pursuant to Government Code Sections 54956.9, and Administrative Code Section 67.8 (a) (3) the Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors will meet in closed session to discuss attorney‑client matters in the following case:
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
__X__ As defendant or __X__ As plaintiff
4. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6(a) and Administrative Code Section 67.8, the Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors shall meet in closed session for:
CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATOR
CCSF Representative: Debra Johnson and/or her designees
Automotive Machinists Local 1414; SEIU Local 1021; TWU, Local 250-A; and Municipal Executives’ Association
_X__ Working Conditions
ADJOURN CLOSED SESSION AND RECONVENE OPEN SESSION
15. Announcement of Closed Session.
16. Motion to disclose or not disclose the information discussed in closed session.
311 Free language assistance / 免費語言協助 / Ayuda gratuita con el idioma / Бесплатная помощь переводчиков / Trợ giúp Thông dịch Miễn phí / Assistance linguistique gratuite / 無料の言語支援 / 무료 언어 지원 / Libreng tulong para sa wikang Tagalog / คว“มช่วยเหลือท“งภ“ษ“โดยไม่เส’ยค่าใช้จ่าย
Agenda posted April 24, 2009