|SFMTA home > About Us > Public Notices and Meetings > SFMTA Board > April 3, 2007, agenda|
MUNICIPAL TRANSPORTATION AGENCY
NOTICE OF MEETING AND CALENDAR
Tuesday, April 3, 2007
REGULAR MEETING and CLOSED SESSION
MTA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Rev. Dr. James McCray, Jr., Chairman
Nathaniel P. Ford, Sr.
Calendar items (version 6 accessible PDF,KB) to be posted
2:00 ‑ REGULAR MEETING
ORDER OF BUSINESS
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Announcement of prohibition of sound producing devices during the meeting.
4. Approval of Minutes
-March 20, 2007 Regular Meeting
6. Introduction of New or Unfinished Business by Board Members
-Election of MTA Vice Chairman
7. Executive Director’s Report (For discussion only)
8. Citizen’s Advisory Council Report
9. Public Comment
Members of the public may address the Board on matters that are within the Board's jurisdiction and are not on today's calendar.
THE FOLLOWING MATTERS BEFORE THE MUNICIPAL TRANSPORTATION AGENCY BOARD OR PARKING AUTHORITY ARE RECOMMENDED FOR ACTION AS STATED BY THE MTA EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR/CEO, PARKING AUTHORITY DIRECTOR, OR CITY ATTORNEY WHERE APPLICABLE. EXPLANATORY DOCUMENTS FOR ALL CALENDAR ITEMS ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW AT 1 SOUTH VAN NESS AVE. 7th FLOOR.
10. All matters listed hereunder constitute a Consent Calendar, are considered to be routine by the Municipal Transportation Agency Board or Parking Authority Commission, and will be acted upon by a single vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a member of the Board/Commission or the public so requests, in which event the matter shall be removed from the Consent Calendar and considered as a separate item.
(10.1) Requesting the Controller to allot funds and to draw warrants against such funds available or will be available in payment of the following claims against the MTA:
A. Ismath Hussain v. CCSF, Superior Ct. #449607 filed on 2/17/06 for $3,776
B. Veronica Ogletree v. CCSF, Superior Ct. #5441018 filed on 5/5/05 for $4,500
C. Erin Altman, Unlitigated Claim #700620 filed on 9/11/06 for $5,949.50
D. Kathleen Callinan/USAA, Unlitigated Claim #701575 filed on 12/19/06 for $9,640.99
E. Amal Elmoraly, Unlitigated Claim #701104 filed on 10/27/06 for $14,559
F. Albert Suisala vs. CCSF, Superior Ct. #422562 filed on 7/17/03 for $69,000
(10.2) Approving the following traffic modifications:
A. ESTABLISH - SPEED HUMP - 6th Avenue, between Judah and Irving Streets; 6th Avenue, between Judah and Kirkham Streets; 17th Avenue, between Irving and Judah Streets; and 8th Avenue, between Irving and Judah Streets.
B. ESTABLISH - SPEED CUSHION - Teresita Boulevard, between Sequoia and Gaviota Ways.
C. ESTABLISH - TOW-AWAY, NO STOPPING ANYTIME - Market St., north side, from 58 feet to 132 feet west of Castro St.; and, Mason St., west side, from Jefferson St. to 40 feet southerly.
D. RESCIND - MUNI BUS ZONE - Geary Blvd., north side, from 39th Avenue to 80 feet westerly.
E. ESTABLISH - MUNI BUS ZONE - Geary Boulevard, north side, from 40th Avenue to 120 feet easterly.
F. ESTABLISH - RIGHT TURN ONLY ONTO CARTER STREET - Walbridge Street, eastbound onto Carter Street.
G. RESCIND - NO TURN ON RED - Geneva Avenue, eastbound, at Carter Avenue and Walbridge Street.
H. ESTABLISH - TOW-AWAY, NO STOPPING ANYTIME - Geneva Avenue, south side, from Carter Street to 100 feet westerly.
I. ESTABLISH - UNMETERED MOTORCYCLE PARKING - Minnesota side of 1415 Indiana St,, from 2 feet to 9 feet north of the Minnesota St. driveway for 1415 Indiana St.
J. ESTABLISH - BUS, TRUCK (OVER 3 TONS) RESTRICTION - St. Josephs Ave. between O'Farrell and Turk Sts.; Broderick St., between O'Farrell and Turk Sts.; Eddy St., between Divisadero St. and St. Josephs Ave.; Ellis St., between Divisadero St. and St. Josephs Ave.
K. ESTABLISH - LEFT LANE MUST TURN LEFT - Buchanan St,, northbound at Hermann St.
L. ESTABLISH - TOW-AWAY, NO STOPPING ANYTIME- Mission Street, south side, from 2nd Street to 46 feet easterly.
M. ESTABLISH - METERED YELLOW COMMERCIAL LOADING - Mission Street, south side, from 46 feet to 90 feet east of 2nd Street.
N. ESTABLISH - RIGHT LANE MUST TURN RIGHT EXCEPT BUSES - Mission Street, eastbound, between 1st and 2nd Street.
O. ESTABLISH - MULTIPLE RIGHT TURN LANE FOR MUNI ONLY - Mission Street, eastbound, at 1st Street. (Bond Yee) (Explanatory documents include a staff report, and resolution.)
11. Presentation and discussion of the FY09 budget and revenue options. (Explanatory documents include a staff report.) (Sonali Bose)
12. Presentation and discussion of the proposal to provide discounted fast passes to 18-21 year olds. (Explanatory documents include a staff report.) (Debra Johnson)
13. Presentation and discussion of the FY08 Capital budget. (Explanatory documents include a staff report.) (Carter Rohan)
14. Authorizing the Executive Director/CEO to execute Contract Modification 8 to Contract No. MR-1141, Third Street Light Rail Project: King Street to 22nd Street, with Mitchell Engineering/Obayashi Corp., with an increase of $882,892.00 to a new amount of $24,327,027.51, with no extension of time. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution, contract modification and financial plan.) (Carter Rohan)
15. Authorizing the Executive Director/CEO to execute Contract Modification 40 to Contract No. MR-1142, Third Street Light Rail Project: 22nd Street to Jerrold Avenue, with Mitchell Engineering/Obayashi Corp., with an increase of $476,151 to a new amount of $47,908,334, with no extension of time. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution, contract modification and financial plan.) (Carter Rohan)
16. Discussion and vote pursuant to Administrative Code Section 67.10(d) as to whether to conduct a closed session and invoke the attorney‑client privilege.
RECESS REGULAR MEETING AND CONVENE CLOSED SESSION
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Pursuant to Government Code Sections 54956.9, and Administrative Code Section 67.8 (a) (3) the Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors will meet in closed session to discuss attorney‑client matters in the following case:
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
__X___ As defendant __X__ As plaintiff
4. Pursuant to Government Code Sections 54956.9, and Administrative Code Section 67.8 (a) (3) the Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors will meet in closed session to discuss and take action on attorney‑client matters in the following case:
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
__X___ As defendant or __X__ As plaintiff
ADJOURN CLOSED SESSION AND RECONVENE OPEN SESSION
17. Announcement of Closed Session.
18. Motion to disclose or not disclose the information discussed in closed session.
The Ethics Commission of the City and County of San Francisco has asked us to remind individuals and entities that influence or attempt to influence local legislative or administrative action may be required by the San Francisco Lobbyist Ordinance [S.F. Campaign and Governmental Conduct Code section 2.100 et seq.] to register and report lobbying activity. For more information about the Lobbyist Ordinance, please contact the Ethics Commission at 415-581-2300; fax: 415-581-2317; 30 Van Ness Ave., Suite 3900, SF, CA 94102-6027 or the web site: sfgov.org/ethics.
311 Free language assistance / 免費語言協助 / Ayuda gratuita con el idioma / Бесплатная помощь переводчиков / Trợ giúp Thông dịch Miễn phí / Assistance linguistique gratuite / 無料の言語支援 / 무료 언어 지원 / Libreng tulong para sa wikang Tagalog / คว“มช่วยเหลือท“งภ“ษ“โดยไม่เส’ยค่าใช้จ่าย
Agenda posted March 29, 2007