|SFMTA home > About Us > Public Notices and Meetings > SFMTA Board > Aug. 2, 2011, agenda|
NOTICE OF MEETING AND CALENDAR
Tuesday, August 2, 2011
REGULAR MEETING AND CLOSED SESSION
SFMTA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Tom Nolan, Chairman
Debra A. Johnson
ORDER OF BUSINESS
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Announcement of prohibition of sound producing devices during the meeting.
4. Approval of Minutes
6. Introduction of New or Unfinished Business by Board Members
7. Executive Director’s Report (For discussion only)
-Special Recognition Awards
-Nx Judah Express Update
-Operational Plan for Church and Duboce
8. Citizens’ Advisory Council Report
9. Public Comment
Members of the public may address the SFMTA Board of Directors on matters that are within the Board's jurisdiction and are not on today's calendar.
THE FOLLOWING MATTERS BEFORE THE SAN FRANCISCO MUNICIPAL TRANSPORTATION AGENCY BOARD OF DIRECTORS ARE RECOMMENDED FOR ACTION AS STATED BY THE SFMTA EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR/CEO OR CITY ATTORNEY WHERE APPLICABLE. EXPLANATORY DOCUMENTS FOR ALL CALENDAR ITEMS ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW AT 1 SOUTH VAN NESS AVE. 7th FLOOR.
10. All matters listed hereunder constitute a Consent Calendar, are considered to be routine by the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors and will be acted upon by a single vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a member of the Board of Directors or the public so requests, in which event the matter shall be removed from the Consent Calendar and considered as a separate item.
(10.1) Requesting the Controller to allot funds and to draw warrants against such funds available or will be available in payment of the following claims against the SFMTA:
A. Francisco Munoz vs. CCSF, Superior Ct. #CGC09492448 filed on 9/11/09 for $500
B. Annunciata Moore vs. CCSF, Superior Ct. #CGC10496628 filed on 2/4/10 for $655.01
C. Virginia Abalos vs. CCSF, Superior Ct. #CGC10499979 filed on 5/17/10 for $2,000
D. Mitchell Marquez vs. CCSF, Superior Ct. #CGC10499265 filed on 1/26/10 for $14,000
E. Kelly Lawrence vs. CCSF, Superior Ct., #CGC10496754 filed on 2/8/10 for $300,000
(10.2) Approving the following traffic modifications:
(10.3) Authorizing the Executive Director/CEO to rescind $978,408 in Regional Measure 2 funds from the New Jersey Transit PCC Project and reallocate those funds to a new project known as the “Historic Car Rehabilitation –16 ex-SEPTA PCCs and 3 MUNI PCCs Project". (Explanatory documents include a staff report and resolution.)
(10.4) Authorizing the Executive Director/CEO to execute Contract No. 1241, Muni Metro Subway Fire Alarm and Detection System Upgrade, to US Electric Technologies as the lowest responsive and responsible bidder, in an amount not to exceed $572,000, and for a term not to exceed 210 calendar days. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and financial plan.)
(10.5) Approving the proposed Phelan Plaza Lease Agreement with the San Francisco Community College District for a term of 75 years for the real property located near the intersection of Phelan Avenue and Ocean Avenue; and authorizing the Executive Director/CEO approve the execution of the Phelan Plaza Lease Agreement, pending approval by the Board of Supervisors and Mayor. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution, agreement and exhibits.)
(10.6) Approving amendments to Transportation Code, Division II, by adding Section 911 to establish an On-Street Car Share Vehicle Parking Permit program, and amending Sections 201, 302, 901, and 902 to require approval to designate on-street Car Share Vehicle Parking Spaces, add a fine amount for unauthorized vehicles to Park in a designated car share Parking Space in violation of Section 7.2.52, add a definition for "Car Share Organization", "Car Share Vehicle," and "Car Share Vehicle Parking Permit" to the Transportation Code, and establish a fee for the issuance of a Car Share Vehicle Parking Permit. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and amendments.)
(10.7) Approving amendments to Transportation Code, Division II, Section 302 to establish an off-street parking meter time limit penalty; establish a separate transit violation for fare evasion or fraudulent use of a Clipper card; add Section 7.2.104 to regulate the use of Clipper cards on Transit Vehicles or in Proof of Payment zones; and recommend approval by the Board of Supervisors to amend the Police Code Sections 939 through 939.7 to repeal the Chief of Police’s authority to issue or regulate vehicle press cards. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and amendments.)
(10.8) Authorizing the Department of Public Works to award DPW Contract No. 1812J: Contract 60 New Traffic Signals, to Bay Area Lightworks for the installation of new traffic signals and a red light camera, for a total contract amount not to exceed $1,293,084 and for a term not to exceed 270 calendar days. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and financial plan.)
11. Amending San Francisco Transportation Code, Division II, by amending Section 1122(b) to increase the taximeter flag drop rate by $0.40, for a flag drop rate of $3.50 for the first fifth of a mile. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and amendment.)
12. Authorizing the Executive Director/CEO to issue up to 50 new single operator part-time taxi medallion permits, 35 new full-time taxi medallion permits, and two full-time, temporary electric vehicle taxi medallion permits, and amending the Transportation Code, Division II, Article 1100 to reflect the issuance of such permits. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution, reports and amendment.)
13. Appointing Edward Reiskin to the position of Director of Transportation, effective August 15, 2011 through August 14, 2014 and approving the execution of an employment agreement with Mr. Reiskin in the amount of $294,000 per year. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and agreement.)
14. Discussion and vote pursuant to Administrative Code Section 67.10(d) as to whether to conduct a closed session.
RECESS REGULAR MEETING AND CONVENE CLOSED SESSION
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9 and the Administrative Code Section 67.8 (a) (3), the Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors will meet in Closed Session to discuss and take action on attorney‑client matters in the following case:
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
4. Pursuant to Government Code Sections 54956.9 (b), and Administrative Code Section 67.10 (b) (2), the Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors will meet in closed session to discuss attorney‑client matters in the following case(s):
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
__X__ As defendant or __X__ As plaintiff
ADJOURN CLOSED SESSION AND RECONVENE OPEN SESSION
15. Announcement of Closed Session.
16. Motion to disclose or not disclose the information discussed in closed session.
The Ethics Commission of the City and County of San Francisco has asked us to remind individuals and entities that influence or attempt to influence local legislative or administrative action may be required by the San Francisco Lobbyist Ordinance [S.F. Campaign and Governmental Conduct Code section 2.100 et seq.] to register and report lobbying activity.For more information about the Lobbyist Ordinance, please contact the Ethics Commission at 415.581.2300; fax: 415.581.2317; 25 Van Ness Avenue, Suite 220, SF, CA 94102-6027 or the web site: sfgov.org/ethics.
311 Free language assistance / 免費語言協助 / Ayuda gratuita con el idioma / Бесплатная помощь переводчиков / Trợ giúp Thông dịch Miễn phí / Assistance linguistique gratuite / 無料の言語支援 / 무료 언어 지원 / Libreng tulong para sa wikang Tagalog / คว“มช่วยเหลือท“งภ“ษ“โดยไม่เส’ยค่าใช้จ่าย
Agenda posted July 29, 2011