|SFMTA home > About Us > Public Notices and Meetings > SFMTA Board > Feb. 17, 2009, agenda|
NOTICE OF MEETING AND CALENDAR
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Room 400, City Hall
REGULAR MEETING AND CLOSED SESSION
SFMTA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Tom Nolan, Chairman
Nathaniel P. Ford, Sr.
Some portions of item 11 are not accessible to screen-reading software. For accessibility assistance on this item, contact Pamela Jang 415-701-4407.
ORDER OF BUSINESS
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Announcement of prohibition of sound producing devices during the meeting.
4. Approval of Minutes
6. Introduction of New or Unfinished Business by Board Members
7. Executive Director’s Report (For discussion only)
8. Citizen’s Advisory Council Report
9. Public Comment
Members of the public may address the SFMTA Board of Directors on matters that are within the Board's jurisdiction and are not on today's calendar.
THE FOLLOWING MATTERS BEFORE THE SAN FRANCISCO MUNICIPAL TRANSPORTATION AGENCY BOARD OF DIRECTORS ARE RECOMMENDED FOR ACTION AS STATED BY THE SFMTA EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR/CEO OR CITY ATTORNEY WHERE APPLICABLE. EXPLANATORY DOCUMENTS FOR ALL CALENDAR ITEMS ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW AT 1 SOUTH VAN NESS AVE. 7th FLOOR.
10. All matters listed hereunder constitute a Consent Calendar, are considered to be routine by the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors and will be acted upon by a single vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a member of the Board of Directors or the public so requests, in which event the matter shall be removed from the Consent Calendar and considered as a separate item.
(10.1) Requesting the Controller to allot funds and to draw warrants against such funds available or will be available in payment of the following claims against the SFMTA:
(10.2) Authoring the Executive Director/CEO to accept and expend a total of $8,526,709 in Fiscal Year 2009, 2010 and 2011 Lifeline Transportation Program grant funds from the Metropolitan Transportation Commission for the Enhanced Transit Security Program, the 29-Sunset Reliability Improvement Project, 108-Treasure Island Enhanced Service, the Randolph/Farallones/Orizaba Access Project, the San Bruno TPS Project, the Persia Triangle Improvements Project, the Discounted Lifeline Pass Program, and the Shopping Shuttle Program
(Explanatory documents include a staff report and resolution.) (Sonali Bose)
(10.3) Appointing Elena Chiong to the Board of Trustees for the Transportation Workers Union-San Francisco Municipal Railway Trust Fund. (Explanatory documents include a staff report and resolution.) (Roberta Boomer)
11. Authorizing the Executive Director/CEO to execute Contract SFMTA 2008/09-08, Agreement for Advertising on SFMTA Vehicles and Other Property with Titan Outdoor including a 10-year term, plus two five-year options to extend the Agreement, and required minimum annual guarantee, administrative and other payments to the SFMTA. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and contract.) (Sonali Bose)
12. Presentation and discussion of the SFMTA’s Fleet Program. (Explanatory documents include a power point presentation.) (Ken McDonald)
13. Authorizing the Executive Director/CEO to execute Contract No. CS-901, As-Needed Specialized Engineering Services for Rubber Tire Vehicle Projects, with Jacobs Engineering for an amount not to exceed $4,000,000 and a term not to exceed five years. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and contract.) (Ken McDonald)
14. Authorizing the Executive Director/CEO to award and execute Contract No. CS-146, As-Needed Specialized Engineering Services, with Anil Verma Associates for an amount not to exceed $3,000,000 and a term not to exceed five years. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and contract.) (Carter Rohan)
15. Discussion and vote pursuant to Administrative Code Section 67.10(d) as to whether to conduct a closed session and invoke the attorney‑client privilege.
RECESS REGULAR MEETING AND CONVENE CLOSED SESSION
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9 and the Administrative Code Section 67.8 (a) (3), the Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors will meet in Closed Session to discuss and take action on attorney‑client matters in the following case:
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
DAJA International vs. CCSF, Unlitigated Claim, filed on 4/9/08 for $187,500
4. Pursuant to Government Code Sections 54956.9, and Administrative Code Section 67.8 (a) (3) the Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors will meet in closed session to discuss attorney‑client matters in the following case:
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
__X__ As defendant or __X__ As plaintiff
ADJOURN CLOSED SESSION AND RECONVENE OPEN SESSION
16. Announcement of Closed Session.
17. Motion to disclose or not disclose the information discussed in closed session.
The Ethics Commission of the City and County of San Francisco has asked us to remind individuals and entities that influence or attempt to influence local legislative or administrative action may be required by the San Francisco Lobbyist Ordinance [S.F. Campaign and Governmental Conduct Code section 2.100 et seq.] to register and report lobbying activity. For more information about the Lobbyist Ordinance, please contact the Ethics Commission at 415-581-2300; fax: 415-581-2317; 25 Van Ness Ave., Suite 220, SF, CA 94102-6027 or the web site: sfgov.org/ethics.
311 Free language assistance / 免費語言協助 / Ayuda gratuita con el idioma / Бесплатная помощь переводчиков / Trợ giúp Thông dịch Miễn phí / Assistance linguistique gratuite / 無料の言語支援 / 무료 언어 지원 / Libreng tulong para sa wikang Tagalog / คว“มช่วยเหลือท“งภ“ษ“โดยไม่เส’ยค่าใช้จ่าย