|SFMTA home > About Us > Public Notices and Meetings > SFMTA Board > Feb. 26, 2010, agenda|
NOTICE OF MEETING AND CALENDAR
Friday, February 26, 2010
SPECIAL MEETING AND CLOSED SESSION
SFMTA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Tom Nolan, Chairman
Nathaniel P. Ford, Sr.
ORDER OF BUSINESS
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Announcement of prohibition of sound producing devices during the meeting.
4. Approval of Minutes
6. Introduction of New or Unfinished Business by Board Members
7. Executive Director’s Report (For discussion only)
8. Citizens’ Advisory Council Report
9. Public Comment
Members of the public may address the SFMTA Board of Directors on matters that are within the Board's jurisdiction and are not on today's calendar.
THE FOLLOWING MATTERS BEFORE THE SAN FRANCISCO MUNICIPAL TRANSPORTATION AGENCY BOARD OF DIRECTORS ARE RECOMMENDED FOR ACTION AS STATED BY THE SFMTA EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR/CEO OR CITY ATTORNEY WHERE APPLICABLE. EXPLANATORY DOCUMENTS FOR ALL CALENDAR ITEMS ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW AT 1 SOUTH VAN NESS AVE. 7th FLOOR.
10. All matters listed hereunder constitute a Consent Calendar, are considered to be routine by the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors and will be acted upon by a single vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a member of the Board of Directors or the public so requests, in which event the matter shall be removed from the Consent Calendar and considered as a separate item.
(10.1) Requesting the Controller to allot funds and to draw warrants against such funds available or will be available in payment of the following claims against the SFMTA:
(10.2) Authorizing the Executive Director/CEO to execute a lease between the Municipal Transportation Agency and W5 Brannan for a portion of 651 Brannan Street for use as a design office for the Central Subway Project with a term of three and a half years with rent payments of $508,730 for the first year, $531,875 for the second year, $555,000 for the third year, and $289,063 for the last six months of the lease. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution, financial plan and contract.) (Carter Rohan)
(10.3) Requesting the Board of Supervisors to consider adoption of a Resolution of Necessity for the acquisition of the 1455 Stockton Easement for its fair market value. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and financial plan.) (Sonali Bose)
(10.4) Requesting the Board of Supervisors to consider adoption of a Resolution of Necessity for the acquisition of the 790 Market Easement for its fair market value. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and financial plan.) (Sonali Bose)
(10.5) Requesting the Board of Supervisors to consider adoption of a Resolution of Necessity for the acquisition of the 801 Market Easement for its fair market value. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and financial plan.) (Sonali Bose)
11. Public hearing to consider proposed changes to balance the FY2010 Amended Operating Budget including increases to fares, fees, fines, rates and charges as well as transit service modifications and other expenditure reductions. (Explanatory documents include a staff report.) (Sonali Bose)
12. Approving the establishment of an Express Route Premium Monthly Pass and Cable Car Premium Monthly Pass; increasing the cost of the Discount Pass for Youth, Seniors and Disabled and repealing the fare increase for Candlestick Park Express and Special Event Service to balance the FY2010 Amended Operating Budget. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and attachments.) (Sonali Bose)
13. Approving increases in various fees, fines, rates and charges including garage parking rates, parking citation penalties, on-street parking permit fees and the Residential Area Parking Permit fee and establishing new fees for on-line computer postage and handling transactions; and in-person Customer Service Center transactions; authorizing the Executive Director/CEO to implement modifications to Municipal Railway transit service; and, acting as the Parking Authority Commission, approving changes to off-street parking rates for the Lombard Street, Moscone Center, North Beach, Performing Arts, Polk Bush and San Francisco General Hospital garages, to balance the FY2010 Amended Operating Budget. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and attachments.) (Sonali Bose)
14. Amending the Transportation Code Division II, Article 1100 to implement a Taxi Medallion Sales Pilot Program, sell up to 60 Taxi Medallions, allow Taxi Medallion Holders who are age 70 and above or disabled to sell their Medallions; authorize the Executive Director/CEO to establish a Medallion Sale Price and ratify the decision to close the Waiting List. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and amendments.) (Debra Johnson)
15. Authorizing the Executive Director/CEO to execute Contract CS-155-3, Architectural and Engineering Services for the Final Design and Construction of the Central Subway Project – Systems Design with HNTB - B&C JV to complete the final design of the Central Subway System Design for an amount not to exceed $32,294,319 and for a term not to exceed ten years with an option to extend the term. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution, financial plan and contract.) (Carter Rohan)
16. Discussion and vote pursuant to Administrative Code Section 67.10(d) as to whether to conduct a closed session and invoke the attorney‑client privilege.
RECESS REGULAR MEETING AND CONVENE CLOSED SESSION
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Pursuant to Government Code Sections 54956.9, and Administrative Code Section 67.8 (a) (3) the Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors will meet in closed session to discuss attorney‑client matters in the following case:
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
__X__ As defendant or __X__ As plaintiff
4. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6(a) and Administrative Code Section 67.8, the Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors shall meet in closed session for:
CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATOR
CCSF Representative: Debra Johnson and/or her designees
TWU, Local 250-A, SEIU Local 1021
_X__ Working Conditions
ADJOURN CLOSED SESSION AND RECONVENE OPEN SESSION
17. Announcement of Closed Session.
18. Motion to disclose or not disclose the information discussed in closed session.
The Ethics Commission of the City and County of San Francisco has asked us to remind individuals and entities that influence or attempt to influence local legislative or administrative action may be required by the San Francisco Lobbyist Ordinance [S.F. Campaign and Governmental Conduct Code section 2.100 et seq.] to register and report lobbying activity.For more information about the Lobbyist Ordinance, please contact the Ethics Commission at 415.581.2300; fax: 415.581.2317; 25 Van Ness Avenue, Suite 220, SF, CA 94102-6027 or the web site: sfgov.org/ethics.
311 Free language assistance / 免費語言協助 / Ayuda gratuita con el idioma / Бесплатная помощь переводчиков / Trợ giúp Thông dịch Miễn phí / Assistance linguistique gratuite / 無料の言語支援 / 무료 언어 지원 / Libreng tulong para sa wikang Tagalog / คว“มช่วยเหลือท“งภ“ษ“โดยไม่เส’ยค่าใช้จ่าย