|SFMTA home > About Us > Public Notices and Meetings > SFMTA Board > July 1, 2008, agenda|
NOTICE OF MEETING AND CALENDAR
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
REGULAR MEETING AND CLOSED SESSION
SFMTA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Rev. Dr. James McCray, Jr., Chairman
Nathaniel P. Ford, Sr.
Calendar item 15: Better Streets Plan Draft for Public Review (Contact Cristina Olea at 415-701-4579 if you have accessibility issues viewing this document.)
ORDER OF BUSINESS
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Announcement of prohibition of sound producing devices during the meeting.
4. Approval of Minutes
6. Introduction of New or Unfinished Business by Board Members
7. Executive Director’s Report (For discussion only)
8. Citizen’s Advisory Council Report
9. Public Comment
Members of the public may address the Board on matters that are within the Board's jurisdiction and are not on today's calendar.
THE FOLLOWING MATTERS BEFORE THE SAN FRANCISCO MUNICIPAL TRANSPORTATION AGENCY BOARD OF DIRECTORS ARE RECOMMENDED FOR ACTION AS STATED BY THE SFMTA EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR/CEO OR CITY ATTORNEY WHERE APPLICABLE. EXPLANATORY DOCUMENTS FOR ALL CALENDAR ITEMS ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW AT 1 SOUTH VAN NESS AVE. 7th FLOOR.
10. All matters listed hereunder constitute a Consent Calendar, are considered to be routine by the Municipal Transportation Agency Board and will be acted upon by a single vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a member of the Board or the public so requests, in which event the matter shall be removed from the Consent Calendar and considered as a separate item.
(10.1) Requesting the Controller to allot funds and to draw warrants against such funds available or will be available in payment of the following claims against the SFMTA:
(10.2) Approving the following traffic modifications:
(Explanatory documents include a staff report and resolution) (Bond Yee)
(10.3) Appointing Carter R. Rohan as the Alternate Director to Nathaniel P. Ford, Sr. on the Transbay Joint Powers Authority Board of Directors. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and biography.) (Carter Rohan)
(10.4) Authorizing the Executive Director/CEO to execute the Agreement with Gilbert Tweed Associates to conduct an executive search for Deputy Director of Transportation Planning, Deputy Director of Finance, Budgets and Grants, and Director of Taxi and Accessible Services, with a contract term of one year from August 1, 2008 to August 1, 2009, with an option to extend the term for an additional year and a contract amount not to exceed $192,536, pending Civil Service Commission approval and Human Rights Commission waiver of LBE subcontracting goals. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and agreement.) (Debra Johnson)
(10.5) Approving the Japan Center Garage Corporation’s Fiscal Years 2009 and 2010 Operating Budget except for the Marketing Plan and associated costs for the Japan Center Garage. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution, and budget.) (Amit Kothari)
This item was continued from the June 17, 2008 meeting.
(10.6) Authorizing the Executive Director/CEO to issue a Request for Proposals for Contract CS-901, As-Needed Specialized Engineering Services for SFMTA Rubber Tire Vehicles Rehabilitation and Replacement Program, receive proposals, select a Consultant, and negotiate a contract with the selected Consultant for an amount not to exceed $4,000,000, and for a term not to exceed five years. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution, and budget.) (Ken McDonald)
11. Authorizing the Executive Director/CEO to execute a contract with Cubic Transportation Systems for the refurbishment of the fare box system, including the fare boxes, computer hardware and software and manage the fare boxes and provide support services, for a term not to exceed 26 months and an amount not to exceed $19,000,000; and execute software and other technology license agreements with Cubic as necessary for the full implementation of the project at no additional cost. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and contract.) (Ken McDonald)
This item was continued from the May 20, 2008 agenda.
12. Authorizing the Executive Director/CEO to alter service on the 71L-Haight-Noriega Limited Line, in bound on weekdays only between 7:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. between Haight and Market Street and establish a “Tow-Away No Stopping” zone on Laguna Street to facilitate bus turning movements at Haight and Laguna streets. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and map.) (Ken McDonald)
13. Adopting Transportation Code Division II which replaces provisions previously contained in the San Francisco Municipal Traffic Code as required by the passage of Proposition A. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and codes.) (Bond Yee)
14. Presentation and Discussion of the SFMTA’s FY08 Third Quarter Service Standards Report. (Explanatory documents include the staff report.) (Debra Johnson)
15. Presentation and Discussion of the Draft Better Streets Plan. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and plan.) (Carter Rohan)
16. Presentation and Discussion of proposed Taxi Advisory Group. (No explanatory documents) (Debra Johnson)
17. Discussion and vote pursuant to Administrative Code Section 67.10(d) as to whether to conduct a closed session and invoke the attorney‑client privilege.
RECESS REGULAR MEETING AND CONVENE CLOSED SESSION
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9 and the Administrative Code Section 67.8 (a) (3), the Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors will meet in Closed Session to discuss and take action on attorney‑client matters in the following case:
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
4. Pursuant to Government Code Sections 54956.9, and Administrative Code Section 67.8 (a) (3) the Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors will meet in closed session to discuss attorney‑client matters in the following matters:
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
___X___ As defendant __X___ As plaintiff
5. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6(a) and Administrative Code Section 67.8, the Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors shall meet in closed session for:
CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATOR
CCSF Representative: Vicki Rambo and/or her designees
TWU, Local 250-A
_X__ Working Conditions
ADJOURN CLOSED SESSION AND RECONVENE OPEN SESSION
18. Announcement of Closed Session.
19. Motion to disclose or not disclose the information discussed in closed session.
The Ethics Commission of the City and County of San Francisco has asked us to remind individuals and entities that influence or attempt to influence local legislative or administrative action may be required by the San Francisco Lobbyist Ordinance [S.F. Campaign and Governmental Conduct Code section 2.100 et seq.] to register and report lobbying activity. For more information about the Lobbyist Ordinance, please contact the Ethics Commission at 415-581-2300; fax: 415-581-2317; 30 Van Ness Ave., Suite 3900, SF, CA 94102-6027 or the web site: sfgov.org/ethics.
311 Free language assistance / 免費語言協助 / Ayuda gratuita con el idioma / Бесплатная помощь переводчиков / Trợ giúp Thông dịch Miễn phí / Assistance linguistique gratuite / 無料の言語支援 / 무료 언어 지원 / Libreng tulong para sa wikang Tagalog / คว“มช่วยเหลือท“งภ“ษ“โดยไม่เส’ยค่าใช้จ่าย