|SFMTA home > About Us > Public Notices and Meetings > SFMTA Board > July 6, 2010, agenda|
NOTICE OF MEETING AND CALENDAR
REGULAR MEETING AND CLOSED SESSION
SFMTA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Nathaniel P. Ford, Sr.
ORDER OF BUSINESS
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Announcement of prohibition of sound producing devices during the meeting.
4. Approval of Minutes
6. Introduction of New or Unfinished Business by Board Members
7. Executive Director’s Report (For discussion only)
8. Citizens’ Advisory Council Report
9. Public Comment
Members of the public may address the SFMTA Board of Directors on matters that are within the Board's jurisdiction and are not on today's calendar.
THE FOLLOWING MATTERS BEFORE THE SAN FRANCISCO MUNICIPAL TRANSPORTATION AGENCY BOARD OF DIRECTORS ARE RECOMMENDED FOR ACTION AS STATED BY THE SFMTA EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR/CEO OR CITY ATTORNEY WHERE APPLICABLE. EXPLANATORY DOCUMENTS FOR ALL CALENDAR ITEMS ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW AT 1 SOUTH VAN NESS AVE. 7th FLOOR.
10. All matters listed hereunder constitute a Consent Calendar, are considered to be routine by the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors and will be acted upon by a single vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a member of the Board of Directors or the public so requests, in which event the matter shall be removed from the Consent Calendar and considered as a separate item.
(10.1) Requesting the Controller to allot funds and to draw warrants against such funds available or will be available in payment of the following claims against the SFMTA:
(10.2) Approving the following traffic modifications:
(10.3) Authorizing the Executive Director/CEO to execute an Agreement for Payment of Funds with 949 Market Street Associates to accept a donation in the amount of $200,000 to fund the planning and construction of various transit, pedestrian and bicycle safety improvements on Market Street between 5th and 6th Streets and on 5th Street between Market and Mission Streets. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and agreement.) (Bond Yee)
(10.4) Authorizing the Executive Director/CEO to execute a Memorandum of Understanding with MTC, the AC Transit, the Golden Gate Bridge Highway and Transportation District, BART, the City and County of San Francisco, acting by and through its Municipal Transportation Agency, SamTrans, VTA, and Caltrain for the future operation and maintenance of the ClipperSM Program. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and attachment.) (Sonali Bose)
(10.5) Approving the amendment of the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the SFMTA and MEA, to extend its term to June 30, 2012 and implement the negotiated concessions. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and fiscal analysis.) (Debra Johnson)
(10.6) Approving the amendment of the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the SFMTA and IAM Local 1414, to implement negotiated concessions and extend its term to June 30, 2012. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and fiscal analysis.) (Debra Johnson)
(10.7) Approving the amendment of the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the SFMTA and SEIU, Local 1021 to extend its term to June 30, 2012 and implement the negotiated concessions. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and fiscal analysis.) (Debra Johnson)
11. Public hearing and action to consider and authorize system-wide transit schedule improvements to restore Municipal Railway service to some bus routes and rail lines affected by the May 8, 2010 service changes. (Explanatory documents include a calendar item, resolution and service restoration details.) (John Haley)
12. Approving and adopting amendments to Article 1100 of Division II of the Transportation Code, regulating Motor Vehicles for Hire, to require taxi drivers to accept credit cards, require taxi companies to cash credit card payments at no cost to drivers; provide a pro-rated Medallion Sale Transfer Fee schedule; and authorizing the SFMTA to waive Transportation Code Division II, Section 1106(p)(6), prohibiting color schemes from passing on credit card merchant account processing fees to taxi drivers under certain conditions. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and amendments.) (Debra Johnson)
13. Adopting amendments to Section 1109(e) of Division II of the San Francisco Transportation Code acknowledging the SFMTA's right to decide that some or all Medallions purchased under the Pilot Program are no longer transferable; provide for SFMTA purchase of such Medallions; and provide for repayment of any outstanding loan. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and amendment.) (Debra Johnson)
14. Presentation and Discussion regarding the Controller’s audit of the City of San Francisco Japan Center Garage Corporation. (Explanatory documents include the audit.) (Bond Yee)
15. Presentation and discussion of the plans for a new Transbay Terminal. (Explanatory documents include a slide presentation.) (Bond Yee)
16. Discussion and vote pursuant to Administrative Code Section 67.10(d) as to whether to conduct a closed session and invoke the attorney‑client privilege.
RECESS REGULAR MEETING AND CONVENE CLOSED SESSION
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9 and the Administrative Code Section 67.8 (a) (3), the Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors will meet in Closed Session to discuss and take action on attorney‑client matters in the following case:
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
4. Pursuant to Government Code Sections 54956.9, and Administrative Code Section 67.8 (a) (3) the Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors will meet in closed session to discuss attorney‑client matters in the following case:
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
__X__ As defendant or __X__ As plaintiff
5. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6(a) and Administrative Code Section 67.8, the Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors shall meet in closed session for:
CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATOR
CCSF Representative: Debra Johnson and/or her designees
TWU Local 250-A and TWU Local 200
_X__ Working Conditions
ADJOURN CLOSED SESSION AND RECONVENE OPEN SESSION
17. Announcement of Closed Session.
18. Motion to disclose or not disclose the information discussed in closed session.
The Ethics Commission of the City and County of San Francisco has asked us to remind individuals and entities that influence or attempt to influence local legislative or administrative action may be required by the San Francisco Lobbyist Ordinance [S.F. Campaign and Governmental Conduct Code section 2.100 et seq.] to register and report lobbying activity.For more information about the Lobbyist Ordinance, please contact the Ethics Commission at 415.581.2300; fax: 415.581.2317; 25 Van Ness Avenue, Suite 220, SF, CA 94102-6027 or the web site: sfgov.org/ethics.
311 Free language assistance / 免費語言協助 / Ayuda gratuita con el idioma / Бесплатная помощь переводчиков / Trợ giúp Thông dịch Miễn phí / Assistance linguistique gratuite / 無料の言語支援 / 무료 언어 지원 / Libreng tulong para sa wikang Tagalog / คว“มช่วยเหลือท“งภ“ษ“โดยไม่เส’ยค่าใช้จ่าย
Agenda posted July 2, 2010