|SFMTA home > About Us > Public Notices and Meetings > SFMTA Board > May 15, 2007, agenda|
MUNICIPAL TRANSPORTATION AGENCY
NOTICE OF MEETING AND CALENDAR
Tuesday, May 15, 2007
REGULAR MEETING and CLOSED SESSION
MTA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Rev. Dr. James McCray, Jr., Chairman
Nathaniel P. Ford, Sr.
3rd Quarter Service Standards (version 5 PDF, 183KB)
2:00 ‑ REGULAR MEETING
ORDER OF BUSINESS
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Announcement of prohibition of sound producing devices during the meeting.
4. Approval of Minutes
-May 1, 2007 Regular Meeting
6. Introduction of New or Unfinished Business by Board Members
7. Executive Director’s Report (For discussion only)
-Special Recognition Award
8. Citizen’s Advisory Council Report
9. Public Comment
Members of the public may address the Board on matters that are within the Board's jurisdiction and are not on today's calendar.
THE FOLLOWING MATTERS BEFORE THE MUNICIPAL TRANSPORTATION AGENCY BOARD OR PARKING AUTHORITY ARE RECOMMENDED FOR ACTION AS STATED BY THE MTA EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR/CEO, PARKING AUTHORITY DIRECTOR, OR CITY ATTORNEY WHERE APPLICABLE. EXPLANATORY DOCUMENTS FOR ALL CALENDAR ITEMS ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW AT 1 SOUTH VAN NESS AVE. 7th FLOOR.
10. All matters listed hereunder constitute a Consent Calendar, are considered to be routine by the Municipal Transportation Agency Board or Parking Authority Commission, and will be acted upon by a single vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a member of the Board/Commission or the public so requests, in which event the matter shall be removed from the Consent Calendar and considered as a separate item.
(10.1) Requesting the Controller to allot funds and to draw warrants against such funds available or will be available in payment of the following claims against the MTA:
A. George and Amy Luo vs. CCSF, Superior Ct. #454131 filed on 7/13/06 for $2,000
B. Isabel Arana vs. CCSF, Superior Ct. #443436 filed on 7/26/05 for $5,600
C. Gertrude Cruz vs. CCSF, Unlitigated Claim #FY0702521 filed on 3/28/07 for $6,484.68
D. Ronald Williams vs. CCSF, Superior Ct. #456200 filed on 9/15/06 for $9,000
(10.2) Approving the following traffic modifications:
A. ESTABLISH - SPEED CUSHIONS - Oakdale Ave. between Ingalls St. and Baldwin Ct.; Oakdale Ave. between Baldwin Ct. and Griffith St.; Moscow St. between Excelsior and Brazil Avenues; Moscow St. between Russia and France Avenues; and, Circular Ave. between Monterey Blvd. and Baden Ave.
B. ESTABLISH -SPEED HUMPS –Madrid Street between Persia and Russia Avenues; Madrid St. between Avalon and Peru Avenues; Athens St. between France and Italy Avenues; Lisbon St. between Avalon and Peru Avenues; Circular Ave. between Congo St. and Staples Ave.; and, Circular Ave. between Baden Street and Flood Ave.
C. ESTABLISH - PERPENDICULAR (90-DEGREE ANGLE) PARKING (SOUTHBOUND DIRECTION) AND ESTABLISH - DIAGONAL (45-DEGREE ANGLE) PARKING (NORTHBOUND DIRECTION)-Van Ness Ave., center of the street, from North Point St. to 270 feet northerly at a proposed center island. (Explanatory documents include a staff report and resolution.) (Bond Yee)
(10.3) Authorizing the Executive Director/CEO to accept and expend $1,690,546 of capital assistance from federal Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality and Job Access and Reverse Commute funds and State Transit Assistance funds for the Muni 108 Line –Treasure Island Service; Muni 29 Line-Sunset Service; and Lifeline Fast Pass Distribution Expansion program. (Explanatory documents include a staff report and resolution.) (Sonali Bose)
(10.4) Approving the allocation of $100 million from the SFMTA's proposition 1B funds to the Central Subway Project. (Explanatory documents include a staff report and resolution.) (Sonali Bose)
(10.5) Authorizing the Executive Director/CEO to accept and expend up to $1,500,000 of Regional Measure-2 funds for a Regional Zonal Integrated Fare Study. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and financial plan.) (Sonali Bose)
(10.6) Authorizing the Executive Director/CEO to release a Request for Proposals for a Regional Zonal Integrated Fare Study, evaluate the proposals, and negotiate an agreement with the highest-ranked proposer. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution, and RFP.) (Sonali Bose)
(10.7) Approving the plans and specifications and authorizing the Executive Director/CEO to advertise Contract No. 1218, No. 22 Fillmore and No. 33 Stanyan Trolley Overhead Reconstruction Project. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and financial plan.) (Carter Rohan)
(10.8) Authorizing the Executive Director/CEO to execute Contract Modification No. 42 to Contract No. MR-1142, Third Street Light Rail Project: 22nd Street to Jerrold Avenue, with Mitchell Engineering/Obayashi Corp. to increase the contract value by $432,000 to a total contract value of $49,105,334, with no extension of time. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and contract modification.) (Carter Rohan)
11. Status Report on the State of the Municipal Railway and presentation and discussion of the FY07 Third Quarter Service Standards. (Explanatory documents include a staff report.) (Ken McDonald)
12. Presentation and Discussion of FY07 Third Quarter Financial Report. (Explanatory documents include a staff report.) (Sonali Bose)
13. Presentation and Discussion of FY08 Budget and Work Orders. (Explanatory documents include a staff report.) (Sonali Bose)
14. Presentation and Discussion of FY09 Budget and Long – Range Revenue Opportunities. (Explanatory documents include a staff report.) (Sonali Bose)
15. Approving the SFMTA's FY 2008 Capital Budget in the amount of $424,348,153 and approving the FY 2008 -2012 Capital Investment Plan in the amount of $3,949,798,908 and certifying that the FY 2008 Capital Budget is adequate in all respects to make substantial progress towards meeting the goals, objectives, and performance standards established for FY08. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution, capital budget and investment plan.) (Carter Rohan)
16. Discussion and vote pursuant to Administrative Code Section 67.10(d) as to whether to conduct a closed session and invoke the attorney‑client privilege.
RECESS REGULAR MEETING AND CONVENE CLOSED SESSION
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9 and the Administrative Code Section 67.8 (a) (3), the Municipal Transportation Agency Board will meet in Closed Session to discuss and take action on attorney‑client matters in the following case:
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
A. Gavin Lum vs. CCSF, Superior Ct. #440917 filed on 5/17/05 for $4,250,000
B. Debra Ward v. CCSF, Unlitigated Claim filed on 12/27/06, for $127,190 and separation from employment.
4. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6(a) and Administrative Code Section 67.8, the Municipal Transportation Agency Board shall meet in closed session for:
CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATOR
CCSF Representative: Diana Buchbinder and/or her designees
TWU, Local 200
_X__ Working Conditions
ADJOURN CLOSED SESSION AND RECONVENE OPEN SESSION
17. Announcement of Closed Session.
18. Motion to disclose or not disclose the information discussed in closed session.
The Ethics Commission of the City and County of San Francisco has asked us to remind individuals and entities that influence or attempt to influence local legislative or administrative action may be required by the San Francisco Lobbyist Ordinance [S.F. Campaign and Governmental Conduct Code section 2.100 et seq.] to register and report lobbying activity. For more information about the Lobbyist Ordinance, please contact the Ethics Commission at 415-581-2300; fax: 415-581-2317; 30 Van Ness Ave., Suite 3900, SF, CA 94102-6027 or the web site: sfgov.org/ethics.
311 Free language assistance / 免費語言協助 / Ayuda gratuita con el idioma / Бесплатная помощь переводчиков / Trợ giúp Thông dịch Miễn phí / Assistance linguistique gratuite / 無料の言語支援 / 무료 언어 지원 / Libreng tulong para sa wikang Tagalog / คว“มช่วยเหลือท“งภ“ษ“โดยไม่เส’ยค่าใช้จ่าย
Agenda posted May 10, 2007