|SFMTA home > About Us > Public Notices and Meetings > SFMTA Board > May 17, 2011, agenda|
NOTICE OF MEETING AND CALENDAR
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
REGULAR MEETING AND CLOSED SESSION
SFMTA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Nathaniel P. Ford, Sr.
ORDER OF BUSINESS
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Announcement of prohibition of sound producing devices during the meeting.
4. Approval of Minutes
6. Introduction of New or Unfinished Business by Board Members
7. Executive Director’s Report (For discussion only)
8. Citizens’ Advisory Council Report
9. Public Comment
Members of the public may address the SFMTA Board of Directors on matters that are within the Board's jurisdiction and are not on today's calendar.
THE FOLLOWING MATTERS BEFORE THE SAN FRANCISCO MUNICIPAL TRANSPORTATION AGENCY BOARD OF DIRECTORS ARE RECOMMENDED FOR ACTION AS STATED BY THE SFMTA EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR/CEO OR CITY ATTORNEY WHERE APPLICABLE. EXPLANATORY DOCUMENTS FOR ALL CALENDAR ITEMS ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW AT 1 SOUTH VAN NESS AVE. 7th FLOOR.
10. All matters listed hereunder constitute a Consent Calendar, are considered to be routine by the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors and will be acted upon by a single vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a member of the Board of Directors or the public so requests, in which event the matter shall be removed from the Consent Calendar and considered as a separate item.
(10.1) Requesting the Controller to allot funds and to draw warrants against such funds available or will be available in payment of the following claims against the SFMTA:
A. Michael McCourt vs. CCSF, Superior Ct. #CGC1050512 filed on 1/4/11 for $36,665
(10.2) Authorizing the Executive Director/CEO to execute a one-year excess transit liability (catastrophic loss coverage)/general liability policy for FY 2012 with National Casualty Company and Endurance Risk Solutions for an annual premium of $2,418,990 and retroactively approving a premium payment of $2,433,000 to American Merchants Casualty Company and Everest National Insurance Company for FY 2011, for a policy with a $25,000,000 excess liability limit and a $5,000,000 self-insured retention level. (Explanatory documents include a staff report and resolution.) (Sonali Bose)
SPECIAL ORDER – 1:30 PM
11. Authorizing a taxicab meter fare increase of $0.10 per 1/5th of a mile to $0.55 per 1/5 of a mile; a taxicab meter fare increase of $0.10 per minute of waiting time or traffic delay to $0.55 per minute; authorizing the creation of three new fares; a $2.00 radio dispatch fare for non peak periods that a driver may charge when responding to a dispatch request during non peak hours; a $3.00 peak time radio dispatch fare that a driver may charge during peak times (4:00pm-4:00am Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights); and a Fuel Surcharge of $0.10 per each minute of waiting or traffic delay time and $0.10 per 1/5 of a mile; and that the Board of Directors shall hold a hearing in fiscal year 2010-2011, and at least every other fiscal year thereafter, to determine whether to change taxi fares and the cap on gate fees. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and amendments.) (Sonali Bose)
12. Amending San Francisco Transportation Code, Division II to remove the specific deadline for implementation of electronic waybills. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and amendments.) (Sonali Bose)
13. Discussion and vote pursuant to Administrative Code Section 67.10(d) as to whether to conduct a closed session and invoke the attorney‑client privilege.
RECESS REGULAR MEETING AND CONVENE CLOSED SESSION
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6(a) and Administrative Code Section 67.8, the Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors shall meet in closed session for:
CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATOR
CCSF Representative: Debra Johnson and/or her designees
TWU, Local 250-A; TWU and Local 200
_X__ Working Conditions
4. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.8 and Administrative Code Sections 67.8 (a) (2) and 67.12 (b) (1), the Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors/Parking Authority Commission will meet in closed session to discuss real estate negotiations:
CONFERENCE WITH REAL PROPERTY NEGOTIATOR
5. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9 and the Administrative Code Section 67.8 (a) (3), the Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors will meet in Closed Session to discuss and take action on attorney‑client matters in the following case:
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
A. Mary Ellen O’Brien vs. CCSF, EEO File #10288 filed on 10/8/10 and 12/17/10 for $100,000
6. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957.6 and Administrative Code Section 67.10 (e), the Municipal Transportation Agency Board shall meet in closed session for:
CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATOR – UNREPRESENTED EMPLOYEE
SFMTA Representative: Tom Nolan, Chairman, SFMTA Board of Directors
Employee: Nathaniel P. Ford, Sr., Executive Director/CEO
Contract: Appointment and Compensation Employment Agreement:
_X__ Working Conditions
7. Pursuant to Government Code Section 54957 (b) and Administrative Code Section 67.10 (b), the Municipal Transportation Agency Board will meet in Closed Session to discuss and take possible action to appoint a successor to the incumbent, Nathaniel P. Ford Sr. in the event of a vacancy in that position:
PUBLIC EMPLOYEE APPOINTMENT/HIRING: Executive Director/CEO
ADJOURN CLOSED SESSION AND RECONVENE OPEN SESSION
14. Announcement of Closed Session.
15. Motion to disclose or not disclose the information discussed in closed session.
The Ethics Commission of the City and County of San Francisco has asked us to remind individuals and entities that influence or attempt to influence local legislative or administrative action may be required by the San Francisco Lobbyist Ordinance [S.F. Campaign and Governmental Conduct Code section 2.100 et seq.] to register and report lobbying activity.For more information about the Lobbyist Ordinance, please contact the Ethics Commission at 415.581.2300; fax: 415.581.2317; 25 Van Ness Avenue, Suite 220, SF, CA 94102-6027 or the web site: sfgov.org/ethics.
311 Free language assistance / 免費語言協助 / Ayuda gratuita con el idioma / Бесплатная помощь переводчиков / Trợ giúp Thông dịch Miễn phí / Assistance linguistique gratuite / 無料の言語支援 / 무료 언어 지원 / Libreng tulong para sa wikang Tagalog / คว“มช่วยเหลือท“งภ“ษ“โดยไม่เส’ยค่าใช้จ่าย