|SFMTA home > About Us > Public Notices and Meetings > SFMTA Board > Sept. 4, 2012, agenda|
NOTICE OF MEETING AND CALENDAR
Tuesday, September 4, 2012
REGULAR MEETING AND CLOSED SESSION
SFMTA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Tom Nolan, Chairman
Edward D. Reiskin
ORDER OF BUSINESS
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Announcement of prohibition of sound producing devices during the meeting.
4. Approval of Minutes
6. Introduction of New or Unfinished Business by Board Members
7. Director’s Report (For discussion only)
8. Citizens’ Advisory Council Report
9. Public Comment
Members of the public may address the SFMTA Board of Directors on matters that are within the Board's jurisdiction and are not on today's calendar.
THE FOLLOWING MATTERS BEFORE THE SAN FRANCISCO MUNICIPAL TRANSPORTATION AGENCY BOARD OF DIRECTORS ARE RECOMMENDED FOR ACTION AS STATED BY THE SFMTA DIRECTOR OF TRANSPORTATION OR CITY ATTORNEY WHERE APPLICABLE. EXPLANATORY DOCUMENTS FOR ALL CALENDAR ITEMS ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW AT 1 SOUTH VAN NESS AVE. 7th FLOOR.
10. All matters listed hereunder constitute a Consent Calendar, are considered to be routine by the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors and will be acted upon by a single vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a member of the Board of Directors or the public so requests, in which event the matter shall be removed from the Consent Calendar and considered as a separate item.
(10.1) Requesting the Controller to allot funds and to draw warrants against such funds available or will be available in payment of the following claims against the SFMTA:
A. Henry Kleinschmidt vs. CCSF, Superior Ct. #CGC9493996 filed on 10/30/09 for $33,796.80
(10.2) Approving the following traffic modifications:
A. ESTABLISH – BIKE LANES – Ortega Street, eastbound, between Lower Great Highway and 20th Ave.; and Ortega St., westbound, between Lower Great Highway and 20th Ave.
B. ESTABLISH – TOW-AWAY, NO STOPPING ANYTIME – Ortega Street, south side, from 38th Avenue to 15 feet easterly; Ortega Street, south side, from 39th Avenue to 40 feet westerly; Ortega Street, south side, from 40th Avenue to 15 feet easterly; and Ortega Street, south side, from 40th Avenue to 40 feet westerly.
C. ESTABLISH – NO PARKING ANYTIME and ESTABLISH – SIDEWALK WIDENING – 37th Avenue, west side, from Ortega Street to 15 feet southerly; Ortega Street, south side, from 37th Avenue to 20 feet westerly; and Ortega Street, north side, from 37th Avenue to 20 feet westerly.
D. ESTABLISH – PASSENGER LOADING ZONE, 8:30 AM TO 9:30 AM AND 3:00 PM TO 4:00 PM, SCHOOL DAYS – 37th Ave., east side, from Ortega St. to 100 feet southerly.
E. ESTABLISH – RED ZONE – Park Street, north side, from Holly Park Circle to 30-feet westerly.
F. ESTABLISH – RESIDENTIAL PERMIT PARKING AREA S, 2-HOUR PARKING, 8 AM TO 9 PM, MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY – 23rd Street, 3850 Block, both sides, between Vicksburg and Sanchez Streets.
G. ESTABLISH – RED ZONE – Plymouth Avenue, west side, from Farallones Street to 25 feet northerly; and Plymouth Avenue, east side, from Farallones Street to 25 feet southerly.
H. ESTABLISH – RESIDENTIAL PERMIT PARKING AREA S + I BUFFER ZONE
I. 2-HOUR PARKING, 8 AM TO 9 PM, MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY – Cumberland Street, 0-99 block, both sides, between Guerrero and Dolores Streets; and Guerrero Street, 700 block, both sides between 19th and 20th Streets.
J. ESTABLISH – RESIDENTIAL PERMIT PARKING AREA G – ELIGIBILITY ONLY – 1731 Buchanan Street residences only.
K. RESCIND – TOW-AWAY NO STOPPING, 3 PM – 6 PM, MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY – Harrison Street, north side, between 2nd Street and Essex Street.
L. RESCIND – TOW-AWAY NO STOPPING, 11 AM TO 2 PM, MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY and ESTABLISH – TOW-AWAY NO STOPPING, 11 AM TO 2 PM, MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY, EXCEPT VEHICLES WITH PERMIT ISSUED BY DPW – Commercial Street, south side, between Leidesdorff and Montgomery Streets.
M. ESTABLISH – SPEED HUMP – Ortega Street between 24th Avenue and 25th Avenue; Ortega Street between 25th Avenue and 26th Avenue; Ortega Street between 26th Avenue and 27th Avenue; and Ortega Street between 27th Avenue and 28th Avenue.
N. ESTABLISH – PEDESTRIAN ISLAND – Ortega Street at 25th Avenue; Ortega Street at 26th Avenue; and Ortega Street at 27th Avenue.
O. ESTABLISH – NO PARKING ANYTIME – Ortega Street, south side, from 10 feet west of 25th Avenue to 32 feet easterly; Ortega Street, south side, from 10 feet west of 26th Avenue to 32 feet easterly; and Ortega Street, south side, from 10 feet west of 27th Avenue to 32 feet easterly. (Explanatory documents include a staff report and resolution.)
11. Authorizing the Director to issue 150-200 temporary full-time medallions for a limited period of time, to be leased directly to certain color schemes based upon objective dispatch criteria. (Explanatory documents include a staff report and resolution.)
12. Authorizing the Director to execute a contract with New Flyer Industries Inc. for the purchase of 45 40-foot low floor diesel-hybrid buses, and related tools, training and spare parts, through the Cooperative Purchasing Venture with the State of Minnesota, for an amount not to exceed $36,889,364 and for a term not to exceed six years. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and contract.)
13. Authorizing the Director to execute Contract No. CPT 631: Rehabilitation of Neoplan Buses, with Complete Coach Works in an amount not to exceed $19,105,885.60, and for a term not to exceed six years. (Explanatory documents include a staff report, resolution and contract.)
14. Discussion and vote pursuant to Administrative Code Section 67.10(d) as to whether to conduct a closed session.
RECESS REGULAR MEETING AND CONVENE CLOSED SESSION
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Pursuant to Government Code Sections 54956.9 (b), and Administrative Code Section 67.10 (b) (2), the Municipal Transportation Agency Board of Directors will meet in closed session to discuss attorney‑client matters in the following case(s):
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL
__X__ As defendant or __X__ As plaintiff
ADJOURN CLOSED SESSION AND RECONVENE OPEN SESSION
15. Announcement of Closed Session.
16. Motion to disclose or not disclose the information discussed in closed session.
The Ethics Commission of the City and County of San Francisco has asked us to remind individuals and entities that influence or attempt to influence local legislative or administrative action may be required by the San Francisco Lobbyist Ordinance [S.F. Campaign and Governmental Conduct Code section 2.100 et seq.] to register and report lobbying activity. For more information about the Lobbyist Ordinance, please contact the Ethics Commission at 415.581.2300; fax: 415.581.2317; 25 Van Ness Avenue, Suite 220, SF, CA 94102-6027 or the web site: sfgov.org/ethics.
311 Free language assistance / 免費語言協助 / Ayuda gratuita con el idioma / Бесплатная помощь переводчиков / Trợ giúp Thông dịch Miễn phí / Assistance linguistique gratuite / 無料の言語支援 / 무료 언어 지원 / Libreng tulong para sa wikang Tagalog / คว“มช่วยเหลือท“งภ“ษ“โดยไม่เส’ยค่าใช้จ่าย