Lines: J, N, T, Castro Shuttle, 10, 20
SFMTA announces service changes
effective June 30, 2007
Service changes which will took effect Saturday, June 30, 2007. Executive Director/CEO Nathaniel Ford said “In the wake of the opening of the T-Line in April and the implementation of a new service plan, it was clear that we needed to take a closer look at the impact that this had on our customers. We performed a detailed assessment of both the new service we committed to provide and the ability of our infrastructure to meet the new demands. I am committed to improving service system-wide to meet the needs of our customers.”
This new schedule reflects changes designed to improve travel times to Caltrain and the southeast corridor and to better serve travelers between the North Beach area and south of Market.
Changes effective June 30, 2007, include:
- N-Judah service now travels to Caltrain
- J-Church switches back at Embarcadero Station
- K- and T-lines are interconnected:
- K-Ingleside becomes the T-Third Street inbound at West Portal to Sunnydale.
- T-Third Street becomes the K-Ingleside in the subway outbound at Embarcadero to Balboa Park (Geneva & San Jose).
- Castro Shuttles have been restored
- 10-Townsend service has been restored on weekends
- New service: The 20-Columbus travels from Van Ness and North Point to Beale and Howard limited hours, weekdays only:
- Inbound from 7:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Outbound from 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m
- Route description:
- Trolley coach
- Inbound from Van Ness & North Point via North Point, Columbus, Montgomery, Clay, Davis, Beale to Howard.
- Outbound from Main & Howard via Main, Drumm, Sacramento, Sansome, Washington, Columbus, Stockton, Union, Columbus, North Point to Van Ness.
There is also a separate change to the 82X Express.
Note: Muni vehicles stop only at existing marked Muni stops. Reroutes over streets not normally served by Muni will operate non-stop over those streets. Exceptions to this policy, if any, would be noted above as "temporary stop."
Note: All times shown on this page are for expected effects on Muni service, not for the event or activity itself. Events or activities may start or end earlier or later than the times shown. All times are subject to change based on actual conditions. Reroutes may be added, removed or changed, also based on actual conditions.
Please call for more information
For effects on traffic, see Traffic Updates or call 311.