|SFMTA home > Livable Streets > Neighborhood Planning > Masonic Avenue Street Design Study|
The primary goal of the Masonic Avenue Street Design Study is to identify how Masonic Avenue between Geary Boulevard and Fell Street can safely and efficiently accommodate the needs of all roadway users, including but not limited to pedestrians, bicyclists, motorists and Muni. The project is funded by the San Francisco County Transportation Authority through the Prop K half-cent local transportation sales tax program.
The Masonic Avenue Streetscape plan was developed through a community-driven process initiated in 2008. It began with a petition for traffic calming along Masonic Avenue that contained over 500 signatures submitted by the group “Fix Masonic,” and a Board of Supervisors resolution, unanimously approved, directing the SFMTA and partner agencies to create a “true complete street” project to improve safety for pedestrians, people on bikes, and drivers who share the road. Click here for the Board of Supervisors Resolution (pdf).
1. Engage representatives of all constituencies within the community who would be impacted by changes to Masonic Avenue including, but not limited to, residents on Masonic Avenue, residents on side-streets, merchants, school representatives, bicyclists, Muni customers and pedestrians.
2. Improve transit operation.
3. Improve pedestrian and non-motorized access to transit.
4. Increase the safety of pedestrian crossings.
5. Increase motorist compliance with traffic rules and regulations.
6. Reduce the number of vehicular collisions, especially those involving pedestrians and bicyclists.
7. Support neighborhood vitality by creating a more inviting and accommodating public realm.
The following presentations from the various community meetings are available from the San Francisco Planning Department website:
311 Free language assistance / 免費語言協助 / Ayuda gratuita con el idioma / Бесплатная помощь переводчиков / Trợ giúp Thông dịch Miễn phí / Assistance linguistique gratuite / 無料の言語支援 / 무료 언어 지원 / Libreng tulong para sa wikang Tagalog / คว“มช่วยเหลือท“งภ“ษ“โดยไม่เส’ยค่าใช้จ่าย
Livable Streets services are provided by the Sustainable Streets Division of the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency (SFMTA). Copyright © 2000-2013 SFMTA. All rights reserved. Updated February 15, 2013