Accessing NextMuni Vehicle Prediction Data
Note: This page contains instructions for accessing real-time transit data concerning vehicle arrival predictions. General Transit Feed Specification (GTFS) route and schedule data, which represents intended service, is also available.
Terms & Conditions
Access to the SFMTA’s NextMuni XML data feed is granted on the following conditions:
- The SFMTA provides access to the NextMuni data as a public service. Access to the data feed does not constitute a grant of a license or a grant of any rights whatsoever to the data feed. The data provided via the XML data feed are public records, but the feed is not.
- A user accesses the data feed and utilizes the data at their own risk. The SFMTA disclaims any and all liability arising from or related to a user's access to the data feed or use of the data.
- The SFMTA reserves the right to suspend the XML data feed, modify the feed or modify elements of the feed at any time in the SFMTA’s sole and absolute discretion.
- The SFMTA will not provide any technical support of any kind to users.
- No user may execute polling commands more often than every 10 seconds. A user that polls more often than that or otherwise overtaxes the SFMTA’s or NextBus's system may be suspended or terminated from the data feed.
- Where these terms conflict with those in the attached document, these terms take precedence.
Instructions for accessing NextMuni XML data
Instructions for accessing real-time transit data, PDF for San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency (SFMTA) Muni service are provided by NextBus Incorportated.