Geary Rapid Project Construction Forecast: August 3 - August 16
As part of the Geary Rapid Project, work to replace aging water and sewer lines on Geary Boulevard, in coordination with San Francisco Public Utilities Commission, continues. The next stage of work to replace water mains on Geary Street east of Van Ness Avenue is preparing to begin and is being coordinated with San Francisco Public Works.
The following two-week construction forecast is subject to change due to weather delays or unexpected field conditions.
Masonic Avenue – Steiner Street
Mondays through Fridays between 8:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.:
- Sewer main replacement is planned for the weeks of August 5 and August 12 on Geary Boulevard on the northside near Broderick Street and on the southside between Scott and Steiner streets.
- Connection of new water main pipes is planned for the weeks of August 5 and August 12 at Scott Street.
- Testing of newly installed water pipes in preparation for customer service is planned for the weeks of August 5 and August 12 between Presidio and Scott streets.
- Installation of underground conduit for fiber optic cables is planned for the weeks of August 5 and August 12 between Lyon and Divisadero streets. During active conduit work, the following bus stops are planned to be temporarily relocated. Look for “Board Here” signs nearby:
- Inbound 38 Geary bus stop at St. Joseph’s Avenue will be relocated to the west side of the intersection.
- Inbound 38/38R bus stop at Divisadero Street will be relocated to the east side of the intersection.
Van Ness Avenue – Polk Street
Mondays through Fridays between 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.:
- Marking of the roadway to identify the locations of existing underground utilities is planned for the week of August 5.
Some parking will be temporarily restricted in construction zones and traffic lanes will be modified during active work.
Questions or concerns? Contact us at GearyRapid@SFMTA.com or 415.646.2300.
Temporary inbound 38/38R bus stop relocation at Van Ness and O’Farrell
Mondays - Fridays, August 5 - August 30, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
The bus stop on O’Farrell Street will be temporarily relocated west towards Franklin Street while work related to the Van Ness Improvement Project is performed.
Temporary inbound 38/38R bus stop relocation at Powell and O’Farrell
Mondays - Saturdays, July 26 - August 16, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
The bus stop on O’Farrell Street will be temporarily relocated to the east side of Powell Street while utility excavation work unrelated to the Geary Rapid Project is performed.
To view a map of temporary bus stop relocations citywide, please visit: SFMTA.com/TempStopMap