Geary Rapid Project Construction Forecast: August 31 - September 13
As part of the Geary Rapid Project, work to replace aging water and sewer lines on Geary Boulevard, in coordination with San Francisco Public Utilities Commission, continues. The next stage of work to replace water mains on Geary Street east of Van Ness Avenue has begun and is being coordinated with San Francisco Public Works.
The following two-week construction forecast is subject to change due to weather delays or unexpected field conditions. Note that no work is planned for Monday, September 2nd due to observance of Labor Day.
Masonic Avenue – Webster Street
Mondays through Fridays between 8:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.:
- Sewer main replacement is planned for the weeks of September 3 and September 9 at the intersections of Divisadero, Steiner and Fillmore streets.
- During active sewer work at Divisadero, the Inbound/Outbound 24 Divisadero bus stops at Geary Boulevard will be temporarily relocated away from the intersection. Look for “Board Here” signs nearby.
- Connection and testing of new water main pipes is planned for the weeks of September 3 and September 9 at Scott Street. Minor water system upgrades are also planned near the intersections of Parker, Blake and Lyon streets.
- Installation of underground conduit for fiber optic cables is planned for the weeks of September 3 and September 9 between Steiner and Webster streets. During active conduit work, the following bus stops are planned to be temporarily relocated. Look for “Board Here” signs nearby:
- Inbound 38/38R bus stop between Fillmore and Webster will be relocated west to the corner at Fillmore Street.
- Outbound/southbound 22 Fillmore bus stop at Geary will be relocated south towards O’Farrell Street.
Van Ness Avenue – Hyde Street
Mondays through Fridays between 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.:
- Water main replacement work is planned for the weeks of September 3 and September 9 on Geary Street between Van Ness and Polk streets.
- Potholing to verify the locations of existing underground utilities is planned for the week of September 3 on Geary Street between Polk and Hyde streets.
Some parking will be temporarily restricted in construction zones and traffic lanes will be modified during active work.
Questions or concerns? Contact us at GearyRapid@SFMTA.com or 415.646.2300.
The following 38/38R bus stops are planned to be temporarily relocated. These changes are part of work that is unrelated to the Geary Rapid Project.
- Mondays-Saturdays, August 26–November 26, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.:
The inbound 38/38R Geary bus stop on O’Farrell Street at Powell Street will be temporarily relocated to the other side of the intersection during utility excavation work.
- Mondays-Saturdays, September 3–September 14, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.:
The outbound 38 Geary bus stops at Collins Street and at Spruce Street will be temporarily relocated during utility excavation work.
To view a map of temporary bus stop relocations citywide, please visit: SFMTA.com/TempStopMap