Geary Rapid Project Construction Forecast: March 23 - April 7
The first phase of construction as part of the Geary Rapid Project has begun. Work to replace aging water and sewer lines between Masonic and Van Ness avenues is being done in coordination with San Francisco Public Utilities Commission.
The following two-week construction forecast is subject to change due to weather delays or unexpected field conditions.
Mondays through Fridays from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.:
- Water main replacement work on eastbound Geary Boulevard between St. Joseph’s Avenue and Scott Street is planned for the weeks of March 25 and April 1.
- Parking will be temporarily restricted on the south side of Geary Boulevard in the area until water work is complete. Eastbound traffic lanes will be modified during active work.
- The inbound bus stop on Geary at Divisadero will be relocated slightly west during water work. Look for orange “Board Here” signs nearby.
Weekend work from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.:
- The eastbound Geary frontage road from Presidio Avenue to Lyon Street will be closed Saturday, March 23 and Sunday, March 24 while crews work on sewer main replacement.
- Eastbound traffic will be slightly detoured, and parking will be restricted on the south side of Geary Boulevard between Presidio Avenue and Lyon Street.
- No bus stops will be affected. Inbound 38/38R Geary buses will be slightly rerouted, which will add some travel time.
Questions or concerns? Contact us at GearyRapid@SFMTA.com or 415.646.2300.