Geary Rapid Project Construction Forecast: September 21 - October 4
As part of the Geary Rapid Project, work to replace aging water and sewer lines on Geary Boulevard, in coordination with San Francisco Public Utilities Commission, continues. The next stage of work to replace water mains on Geary Street east of Van Ness Avenue has begun and is being coordinated with San Francisco Public Works.
The following two-week construction forecast is subject to change due to weather delays or unexpected field conditions.
Masonic Avenue – Gough Street
Mondays through Fridays between 8:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.:
- Sewer main replacement is planned for the week of September 23 at the intersections of Scott and Divisadero Streets. Work is also planned on eastbound Geary between Webster and Laguna streets the weeks of September 23 and September 30.
- Installation of underground conduit for fiber optic cables is planned for the weeks of September 23 and September 30 between Buchanan and Gough streets. During active conduit work, the inbound 38/38R bus stop at Laguna will be temporarily relocated east to the other side of the intersection. Look for “Board Here” signs nearby.
- Connection and testing of new water main pipes is planned for the weeks of September 23 and September 30 between Lyon and Baker streets.
- Water service to some properties may be briefly shut off while SFPUC connects to the new water main. SFPUC will directly notify properties in advance of any service interruption. To minimize disruption, work is sometimes conducted at night.
- Concrete pavement roadway base work is planned for the weeks of September 23 and September 30 on eastbound Geary Boulevard between Lyon and Baker streets.
Van Ness Avenue – Hyde Street
Mondays through Fridays between 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.:
- Water main replacement work is planned for the weeks of September 23 and September 30 on Geary Street between Van Ness and Polk streets, followed by connection and testing of the new water main pipes.
- Potholing to verify the locations of existing underground utilities is planned for the weeks of September 23 and September 30 on Geary Street between Polk and Hyde streets.
- Sewer work is planned for the weeks of September 23 and September 30 at the intersection of O'Farrell and Larkin streets. During active sewer work, the following bus stops are planned to be temporarily relocated. Look for “Board Here” signs nearby.
- Inbound 38 bus stop at O’Farrell and Larkin will be relocated east to the other side of intersection.
- At a later date, this same inbound 38 bus stop at O'Farrell and Larkin will be permanently relocated to the east side of the intersection.
Some parking will be temporarily restricted in construction zones and traffic lanes will be modified during active work.
Questions or concerns? Contact us at GearyRapid@SFMTA.com or 415.646.2300.
The following 38/38R bus stops are planned to be temporarily relocated. These changes are part of work that is unrelated to the Geary Rapid Project.
- Mondays-Saturdays, August 26 - November 26, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.:
The inbound 38/38R Geary bus stop on O’Farrell Street at Powell Street will be temporarily relocated to the other side of the intersection during utility excavation work.
- Mondays-Fridays, September 23 - September 27, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.: The outbound 38 Geary bus stops at Collins Street and at Spruce Street will be temporarily relocated during utility excavation work.
To view a map of temporary bus stop relocations citywide, please visit: SFMTA.com/TempStopMap