Share your feedback about proposed transit and safety improvements on Geary in the Richmond
**To receive future email or text updates on the Geary Boulevard Improvement Project, please ensure you are subscribed to the Geary Boulevard Improvement Project topic.**
The Geary Boulevard Improvement Project, the second phase of Geary Bus Rapid Transit, aims to improve Muni’s 38 Geary bus service and address traffic safety between 34th Avenue and Stanyan Street. This project had previously envisioned transit lanes running down the center of the street between 28th Avenue and Arguello Boulevard.
Based on the positive evaluation results of the transit lanes that were installed along segments of Geary Boulevard last year and permanently legislated in July, the SFMTA is now pursuing a revised side-running transit lane design for the Geary Boulevard Improvement Project. Like the original project proposal, the revised project design could expand transit lanes west of 15th Avenue, modify bus stop locations and install safety improvements.
Diagram showing side-running bus lane
Virtual Open House: Share your feedback on transit and safety proposals
What are your transportation priorities on Geary? Whether you walk, drive or ride the bus, we want your opinion on transit, parking, traffic and safety issues. Visit our online open house, where you will be able to:
- Review draft design elements for the Geary Boulevard Improvement Project. Learn about improvements proposed between 34th Avenue and Stanyan Street.
- Take a survey about project proposals. Help us pinpoint locations where you’ve encountered issues, like:
- The worst 38 Geary bottlenecks?
- The hardest blocks to find parking?
- Where a loading zone would make the biggest difference?
We’ll use this feedback to help create the final detailed design proposal. Survey participants will be entered into a drawing to win one of 38 pre-loaded Clipper Cards worth $38!**
** “38 for 38” Clipper Card giveaway **
We’re giving away 38 Clipper Cards worth $38 each to survey participants! That's enough for several trips on the 38 Geary, or anywhere else a Clipper Card will take you. To qualify for the drawing, participants must complete the survey (demographic questions are optional) and provide a form of contact info, such as an email, phone number or a mailing address. Contact info will only be used to notify winners and will not be associated with survey responses. Winners will be notified by October 15, 2021.
Connect with staff
Want to connect directly with staff about the project? There are several options!
1. Join us for a virtual community presentation followed by a Q&A session:
Join online at SFMTA.com/ImproveGeary
Or call-in by phone: 415-915-0757; passcode: 337 495 256#
2. Drop by one of our pop-up events on Geary Boulevard:
- Wednesday, September 22, 4 - 6 p.m. at the northeast corner of Geary/17th Avenue
- Thursday, September 23, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. at the inbound Geary/20th Avenue bus stop (southwest corner)
3. Have questions or have a group you would like us to present to? Contact us at ImproveGeary@SFMTA.com or 415.646.2300.