76X Marin Headlands Express Pilot Project
As a part of its Muni Forward project, the SFMTA is conducting a pilot project to test various travel time and reliability improvements applied to its 76 Marin Headlands route. Prior to the pilot launch, this route experienced some of Muni's lowest on-time performance ratings. The pilot was implemented in November of 2012.
No upcoming meetings have been posted
No updates have been posted for this project
As a part of Muni Forward, the SFMTA is conducting a pilot project to test various travel time and reliability improvements applied to its 76 Marin Headlands route. Prior to the pilot launch, this route experienced some of Muni's lowest on-time performance ratings. The pilot was implemented in November of 2012.
The improvements associated with the 76X Pilot are designed to:
- Expand 76X ridership and enhance weekend access to the Marin Headlands
- Reduce transit delays on one of the longest routes in the Muni system
- Improve service reliability for the 76X
Adjustments implemented by the pilot include:
- Service on both Saturdays and Sundays from 9:30am to 6:30pm (previously, service was only provided on Sundays)
- Eliminated service south of Market Street and a new terminal at Sutter & Sansome Streets
- Optimized stop spacing along the route within the city of San Francisco to provide faster, limited-stop service for Golden Gate Bridge and Marin Headlands-bound passengers (all of the discontinued stops are still served by other high-frequency Muni lines)
The first trip of the day leaves Sutter and Sansome (Montgomery BART) at 9:30 a.m. on Saturdays and Sundays. Buses depart this terminal at 30 minutes past the hour until 5:30 pm, with the last bus returning from the Marin Headlands at 6:30 pm.
- View a 76X Marin Headlands Express map (PDF) showing connecting transit routes.
- Visit the 76X Marin Headlands Express Facebook page
* Note that direct service to Point Bonita lighthouse on Field Road has been reinstated.
The 76X Marin Headlands Express Pilot is helping us determine how to travel time and reliability improvements in other corridors throughout San Francisco. Please let us know what you think by visiting www.tellmuni.com!
We will send you e-mail or SMS updates whenever the following are posted for the 76X Marin Headlands Express Pilot Project:
- Upcoming meetings
- Project updates