Market & Haight Streets Transit and Pedestrian Improvement Project
No upcoming meetings have been posted
Market & Haight Streets Transit and Pedestrian Improvement Project construction begins in winter 2013. The seven-month project will bring the following benefits to your neighborhood and your Muni transit system:
- Construction of an eastbound transit-only lane between Laguna and Market streets to allow Muni buses to travel in both directions, thus reducing transit travel time
- Widening of sidewalks and the construction of bulb outs to enhance pedestrian safety
- A more seamless pedestrian route to and from Haight Street by upgrading the traffic signals
In collaboration with the San Francisco Department of Public Works and Public Utilities Commission, the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency (SFMTA) will integrate street work with other infrastructure and streetscape enhancement projects. These improvements will include:
- Widening of sidewalks and constructing of bulb-outs at Haight/Market/Gough intersection
- Construction of ADA (American Disability Act) curb ramps
- Upgrade the traffic signals to provide a more seamless pedestrian route to and from Haight Street and at the Market/Haight/Gough intersection
- Replacement of the sewer and water lines along Haight between Laguna and Market streets
- Repavement of Haight Street between Laguna and Gough streets, including the Market/Haight/Gough intersection. The intersections at Laguna and Octavia are not included.
To accommodate the construction, service will be adjusted on the 6 Parnassus and 71/71L Haight/Noriega routes as well as the F Market & Wharves streetcar line. Some transit stops will be temporarily relocated. Residents near the construction zones will experience temporary street closures, parking removal and noise and dust disturbances.
Thank you for your patience and understanding while we are working for a better Muni.
For more information or construction updates, contact 311.
Contact the following SFMTA staff for assistance:
Lisa Chow, Project Manager, at 415.701.4310 or by mail: email@example.com
Jay Lu, Public Relations Officer, at 415.701.4387 or by mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will send you e-mail or SMS updates whenever the following are posted for the Market & Haight Streets Transit and Pedestrian Improvement Project:
- Upcoming meetings
- Project updates