Islais Creek Community Room Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. What should I do once I arrive at the Community Room?
- First, make sure you are the primary or secondary contact noted on the reservation application.
- Then meet with the Security Guard located on Indiana Street to let you into the community room and conduct a walk through to ensure the room is in proper order.
2. What can I bring into my meeting or event?
- Decorations that do not damage the walls, ceiling, glass or furniture are permitted. All decorations must be removed when the event is over.
- Painter’s tape may be used to hang items. No nails, pins or thumbtacks are allowed.
- If you plan to use the projector screen please bring a laptop, projector and cables.
- Speakers are allowed in the room, but amplified music is prohibited.
- Food and non-alcoholic beverages are permitted.
- Animals (with the exception of service animals) must not be brought onto SFMTA premises or grounds.
- You must remove all garbage when exiting the community room.
3. Can I have minors under the age of 18 attend a meeting or event?
Yes, minors under the age of 18 are allowed into the community room and Islais Creek Viewing Area. They must be under the direct supervision of a responsible adult.
4. If I need to cancel a meeting or event, how long do I have?
Cancellations must be made at least 48 hours in advance of the reservation date. Groups must send all cancellation requests to IslaisCreekCommunityRoom@sfmta.com.
5. If I need to drop off items for my community event, where am I permitted to do so?
- Vehicles are not allowed to drive into the main facility entrance.
- Caterers and passenger drop-offs must be done safely at the corner of Indiana and Tulare streets.
- Vehicles are not allowed to double parking outside of Indiana Street or drive into the facilities. Roads must remain open to allow buses to effectively enter and exit yard.
- Guests must enter via door entry 101A along Islais Creek (near the grass-round park)
- Door entry 102A must remain closed during event. No guest is permitted to access area outside of entry 102A. Any guests found in restricted area can lead to early stoppage of event.
6. Are there restrictions when accessing the Islais Creek Viewing Area?
- Only 12 guests are allowed on the 2nd floor.
- Food and beverages must remain on the 1st floor.
- No guests are allowed passed the viewing area, which is restricted to SFMTA staff only.
- If security finds guests entering restricted area, viewing area will be closed for the duration of the reservation.
7. Is there anything I should remember before closing out my meeting or event?
- Please ensure all food, drinks, decoration, and trash are removed from the facility. The room’s appearance must remain consistent prior to event. Any remaining garbage in community room will subject to loss of $200 deposit.
- Please return tables and chairs to its original configuration. Room should appear in a similar state before the start of the event.
- A representative of the group must meet with the SFMTA onsite representative – SFMTA Security Guard – to ensure the facility is being returned in the condition found prior to the event and sign-out on a SFMTA Close-out Form.
8. What happens to my $200 deposit check after an event?
We can either mail the check back, you can pick up the check, or we can shred the check upon request.
9. What is your contact information, if I have some questions?
Please send an email to IslaisCreekCommunityRoom@sfmta.com for questions.