Geary Rapid Project Construction Forecast: May 25 - June 7
The first phase of construction as part of the Geary Rapid Project continues. Work to replace aging water and sewer lines between Masonic and Van Ness avenues is being done in coordination with San Francisco Public Utilities Commission.
The following two-week construction forecast is subject to change due to weather delays or unexpected field conditions.
Mondays through Fridays between 8:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.:
- Water main replacement work is planned for the week of May 27 near Scott Street.
- Sewer main replacement on eastbound Geary Boulevard between Divisadero and Scott streets.
- Some parking will be temporarily restricted in the area and traffic lanes will be modified during active work.
Weekend street closures between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m.:
- Planned street closure of north- and southbound traffic on Scott Street between Post and O'Farrell streets on Saturday, June 1 and Sunday, June 2 while crews work on water main replacement.
- Only local vehicle access will be allowed, including drop-offs. Parking will be temporarily restricted in the area.
- No bus stops will be affected, and east- and westbound traffic on Geary Boulevard will be maintained.
Questions or concerns? Contact us at GearyRapid@SFMTA.com or 415.646.2300.