Geary Rapid Project Construction Forecast: May 4 - 17
The first phase of construction as part of the Geary Rapid Project continues. Work to replace aging water and sewer lines between Masonic and Van Ness avenues is being done in coordination with San Francisco Public Utilities Commission.
The following two-week construction forecast is subject to change due to weather delays or unexpected field conditions.
Mondays through Fridays between 8:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.:
- Water main replacement work is planned for the weeks of May 6 and May 13 on Geary Boulevard between Baker and Scott streets.
- Some parking will be temporarily restricted on the north and south sides of Geary Boulevard in the area until water work is complete. West- and eastbound traffic lanes will be modified during active work.
- Spot work related to sewer installation is also planned during this time at the intersections of Geary Boulevard and Webster, Buchanan and Laguna streets.
Weekend work between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m.:
- The eastbound Geary frontage road from Presidio Avenue to Lyon Street will be closed Saturday, May 4 while crews work on water main replacement.
- Eastbound traffic will be slightly detoured, and parking will be restricted on the south side of Geary Boulevard between Presidio Avenue and Lyon Street.
- No bus stops will be affected. Inbound 38/38R Geary buses will be slightly rerouted, which will add some travel time.