Nightly Subway Bus Substitutions Starting January 26
The subway will be closing early each night at 9:30 p.m. starting January 26 and continuing for approximately one week for extended maintenance hours. Bus substitution service will connect to all stops.
When the subway closes, buses will run above ground to connect all stops through the normal end of train service. Owl service will remain unchanged. Trains will start regular morning service each day.
Transit Service Plan – 9:30 p.m. to 1 a.m.
- Shuttle buses will serve all Muni Metro stops between Embarcadero & Brannan and St. Francis Circle
- K – Train service between Balboa Park and St. Francis Circle
- L – Train service between SF Zoo and West Portal
- M – Train service between Balboa Park and West Portal
- N – Train service between Ocean Beach and Church & Duboce
- J – Train service between Balboa Park and Church & Duboce
- T – Train service between Sunnydale and Embarcadero & Brannan
Inbound N Judah and outbound J Church trains will use the accessible stop entering the Duboce Portal to serve customers needing the ramp.
Plan extra travel time when riding Muni during subway closure. Regular bus fares will apply on bus shuttles and valid transfers will be accepted.