Bicycle Program's Mission
The San Francisco Bicycle Program, part of the Livable Streets Subdivision of the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency (SFMTA), is dedicated to providing objective and professional service to improve and enhance bicycling as a safe, viable transportation option. The program accomplishes this through planning, engineering and implementing bicycle facilities, and educating the community and agencies about bicycle transportation.
Bicycle Program's Vision
To make San Francisco the North American city with the highest per-capita bicycle use and to have a continually improving bicycle network that is safe and convenient for everyone who chooses to bicycle for transportation and recreation.
Bicycle Program Links
- Current Projects View details on current and upcoming projects.
- Bicycle Parking View information on all things bike parking (sidewalk racks, on-street bike corrals, bike lockers, etc.)
- Bike Sharing View information about the San Francisco bike sharing project.
- Bicycle Treatments and Campaigns Learn about some of SFMTA's new types of bicycle facilities, such as bike boxes and sharrows, and view bike-related safety campaign materials.
- Reports and Studies View released reports and studies.
|Visit the 311 Self-service portal|
Shortcut to this page: