Geary Rapid Project: Construction Forecast February 23 - March 10
The first phase of construction as part of the Geary Rapid Project has begun. Work to replace aging water and sewer lines between Masonic and Van Ness avenues is being done in coordination with San Francisco Public Utilities Commission.
The following two-week construction forecast is subject to change due to weather delays or unexpected field conditions.
Mondays through Fridays from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.:
- Potholing (locating existing underground utilities) and water main replacement work on eastbound Geary Boulevard between Divisadero and Scott streets is planned for the weeks of February 25 and March 4.
- Parking will be temporarily restricted on the south side of Geary Boulevard in the area until water work is complete. Eastbound traffic lanes will be modified during active work, including between Broderick and Divisadero streets.
- The inbound bus stop on Geary at Divisadero will be relocated slightly west during water work. Look for orange “Board Here” signs nearby.
Weekend work from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.:
- No work is expected this weekend.
- The eastbound Geary frontage road from Presidio Avenue to Lyon Street will be closed Saturday, March 2 and Sunday, March 3 while crews work on sewer main replacement. Work is also expected the following weekend, Saturday, March 9 and Sunday, March 10.
- Eastbound traffic will be slightly detoured, and parking will be restricted on the south side of Geary Boulevard between Presidio Avenue and Lyon Street.
- No bus stops will be affected. Inbound 38/38R Geary buses will be slightly rerouted, which will add some travel time.
Questions or concerns? Contact us at GearyRapid@SFMTA.com or 415.646.2300.