- June 10, 2020: Clarified trackability of search terms and storage of supplied personal information.
Information presented on this website is collected, maintained, and provided for the convenience of the reader. While every effort is made to keep such information accurate and up-to-date, the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency (SFMTA) does not certify the authenticity of information that originates from third parties.
Under no circumstances shall the SFMTA or the City and County of San Francisco be liable for any actions taken or omissions made from reliance on any information contained herein from whatever source nor shall the SFMTA or the City and County be liable for any other consequences from any such reliance.
External links are provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only. An external link does not constitute an endorsement or an approval by the SFMTA of any of the products, services or opinions found on the external site. The SFMTA bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.
Web pages on the SFMTA website containing one or more links to external Internet sites may carry the above statement in its entirety or may link to this page. External links may be followed a link to this page "(Disclaimer)".
It is the policy of the SFMTA that information and services on its website be designed to be accessible to people with disabilities. It is the responsibility of the agency and its web page developers to become familiar with the guidelines for achieving universal accessibility and to apply these principles in designing and creating any official City and County of San Francisco website.
According to the latest statistics available from the Bureau of the Census, there are 9.7 million people in the United States who have difficulty seeing the words and letters in ordinary newsprint, equal to 5.0% of the total population. Another 10.9 million people, or nearly 6% of the total population, have difficulty hearing what is said in an ordinary conversation with another person.
The use of the City and County of San Francisco accessibility guidelines will ensure that websites created by agencies of City and County are developed to serve the largest possible audience. Compliance with these guidelines provides an added benefit to those users with text-based browsers, low-end processors, slow modem connections and/or no multi-media capabilities on their computer.
- We do not collect personal information about you when you visit the SFMTA’s or its vendors’ websites unless you choose to provide that information.
- We use the aggregated information from all website visitors to measure server performance, analyze user traffic patterns, and improve the content of the SFMTA website.
- We sometimes track the keywords that are entered into our websites’ search engines or list filtering forms to measure interest in specific topics.
- In theory, if you were to submit a form to us containing personally identifiable information (PII), we would be able to associate your site activity and keywords with you, whether on the same visit or on other visits from the same device; however, there is no practical way for us to accomplish this and we do not intend to do so. Additionally, the information about your site activity and keywords are stored by Google and your PII is stored by the SFMTA and/or Salesforce.
Information You Provide
- We may use information volunteered by you to help enhance our websites, and we may share information with City and County of San Francisco employees and SFMTA vendors for that purpose. You voluntarily provide us information when you fill out the online feedback forms and/or “contact us” forms for our websites, or when you fill-out similar forms used for on-line payment for fares, citations, permits, and other payments.
- We use FormAssembly for some online forms to send your request to our Salesforce account.
- A limited number of pages on this website may contain a web beacon. If you have any concerns about this, please visit the Adsrvr Data Access Portal for more information or to opt out.
- The SFMTA does not give, share, sell, rent or transfer any personal information to third parties, unless you consent.
- We use link and search capabilities to navigate publicly available information from dozens of agencies that are not part of the SFMTA or the City and County of San Francisco. The SFMTA nor the City exercises any control over the websites owned or operated by outside those agencies. The privacy policies and procedures described here do not necessarily apply to websites owned or operated by those outside agencies. You should contact those agencies and websites directly for information on their privacy, data collection and distribution policies.
Site and Information Security
- We monitor network traffic on its website(s) to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information or to otherwise cause damage to those sites. By accessing SFMTA websites, you expressly consent to such monitoring.
- We take appropriate security measures to protect unauthorized access, alteration or destruction of data.
- The SFMTA does not to retain or track any personal information, including credit card or bank account numbers. Payment processing services, such as PayPal, may retain credit card or bank account numbers, but the SFMTA and its vendors do not have access to that information and are not responsible for its security. The security of credit card or bank account numbers and other confidential information that you provide to payment processing services is the responsibility of those payment services.
Fare Payment via Mobile Telephone Application
All editorial and creative assets on this website, including the code used to create web pages, are protected by US and international copyright laws. The SFMTA reserves all rights to this content.
San Francisco Municipal Railway, MuniMobile, SFpark, Muni, the Muni "worm" logo, O'Shaughnessy logo, SFMuni and MuniMobile logo are registered trademarks of the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency.
Purpose and Disclaimer
The SFMTA permits the establishment of external hyperlinks on its official website only if the links strictly comply with this policy. In establishing and maintaining its official website, the SFMTA does not intend to create any forum or other means for public discourse. Rather, the sole and limited purpose of the permitted external links is to provide information about the SFMTA for residents, businesses and visitors. The SFMTA does not endorse or provide preferential treatment to any third party websites or associated organizations or persons. Additionally, the SFMTA does not control third party sites and therefore does not warrant that third party sites are accurate or, reliable, or that they have operational links.
Consistent with the foregoing purpose, it is the SFMTA's policy to limit external links to the following:
a) Other governmental agencies;
b) Entities with which the SFMTA has an existing formal, contractual relationship;
c) Entities or events that receive funding from the City or are otherwise sponsored by the City to provide transportation related services or information or adminstration related web services;
d) Applications that use datasets from DataSF.org;
e) the City's Chamber of Commerce and the San Francisco Travel Association; and
f) Webpages that provide free access to traffic and weather information for San Francisco. Sales of SFMTA or other public transit fare media does not qualify as such a service unless you are selling SFMTA fare media online under a written contract with the SFMTA.
In addition, the SFMTA reserves the right, at any time and without notice, to:
a) Deny a link that does not meet the criteria set forth in this policy;
b) Deny or discontinue an external link at any time if the website provides or promotes false, slanderous, illegal, infringing or incorrect information;
c) Deny or discontinue an external link at any time if a substantial purpose of the linked website is to support or oppose a candidate or ballot measure;
d) Remove any external link if the nature of the organization to which the link relates no longer complies with the SFMTA's external link policy;
e) Revise this policy without prior notice when the SFMTA considers such revision to be in its best interests. We do not engage in link exchanges, the practice of linking to a site solely because it links to our site.