Recruiting for added seats on the Working Group; Applications extended to June 30, 2023
Update: We are extended the application deadline one week to Friday, June 30.
Potrero Yard Modernization Project: Recruiting for added seats on the Working Group
As we continue to stay on track with the project schedule in this current predevelopment agreement phase, components continue to take shape and priorities are being developed. To help the project continue its steady progress, the project team has decided to expand the Potrero Yard Neighborhood Working Group to ensure that the group stays diverse, relevant and effective in advising the project team.
The Working Group brings together community members to work with the Potrero Neighborhood Collective (PNC) developer team and SFMTA staff to provide feedback on elements of the project and inform the project as we work toward an updated design during this phase. We are continuing to receive applications for the following vacant seats:
• Small Business within 0.5 miles of the site (1 seat)
• Housing Advocate (1 seat)
• At-Large Seats (2 seats)
And we are inviting community members to consider applying for these newly added seats:
• Family Services: Family-serving non-profit organization servicing the surrounding area (1 seat)
• Senior Services: Senior-serving non-profit organization servicing the surrounding area (1 seat)
• Workforce Development Organization: City-wide or Neighborhood workforce partner (1 seat)
• Cultural District: BIPOC-focused Cultural District Representative (2 seats)
The Working Group generally meets on the first Tuesday of every month from 5:30–7:30 p.m. Members are asked to attend at least half of the monthly meetings.
Recent discussion topics have included:
• Streetscape on 17th Street
• Commercial and Community-Oriented Spaces
• Project Look and Feel
• Public Spaces adjacent to Potrero Yard
• Public Art Strategy
Applications are due by Friday, June, 30 2023.
Public Information Officer, Potrero Yard Modernization Project