Tenderloin Quick-Build Projects - Approval and Upcoming Construction
Thank you to those who were able to attend and share your comments at the public hearing this past Friday. We also received an outpour of support and feedback via email! We are pleased to announce that both Tenderloin Quick-Build Projects have been approved and will be moving forward with construction. Please see the document “Engineering Public Hearing Results, April 16, 2021” for more details.
The project team is now moving into the construction phase, with construction notification starting on Monday, April 19th. Notification steps will include:
- Posting Tow Away No Parking signs 24 hours in advance of construction starting
- Towing vehicles is our last resort. However, if parked vehicles are not moved by the morning at the start of construction, vehicles are allowed to be towed. There are resources, including fee reductions and waivers, for people experiencing homelessness , low-income, or first-time tows. Please visit towed vehicle webpage for more information.
- Variable Message Signs indicating construction is coming posted in view of traveling vehicles at major corridors throughout Downtown, San Francisco.
- Placing postcards with construction notices on cars, as well as sharing them with businesses and nearby buildings
- Affixing construction posters on poles along the project areas to provide information on the projects
Construction will soon follow this notification period with roadway changes on Golden Gate between Polk and Market Streets beginning as early as April 21st. Upon completion of the Golden Gate Quick-Build Project, our crews will then move onto Leavenworth between McAllister and Post Streets, which is estimated to begin the week of April 26th. Construction is estimated to take one week for each project, but please note that the timeline can change due to road conditions and weather.
What to expect during construction?
- Construction will most likely occur between the hours of 7 am and 5 pm, Monday thru Friday
- Pedestrian pathways and access to driveways and commercial/residential buildings will be maintained at all times.
- At times, there may be temporary intersection or lane closures as crews perform work (ie. removing and adding roadway and curb color paint, installing plastic bollards and signs), resulting in possible travel delays. Please incorporate extra travel time to your trips during construction.
- Traffic will be routed around construction activity as necessary, but will not be detoured.
Project staff will be onsite should you have any questions during construction. Please contact us at TLStreets@SFMTA.com or call us directly at 415.646.2777
To learn more about the projects, sign-up for email updates, or share your feedback please visit:
Golden Quick-Build and Leavenworth Quick-Build webpages.