Geary Rapid Project Construction Forecast: September 28 - October 11
As part of the Geary Rapid Project, work to replace aging water and sewer lines on Geary Boulevard, in coordination with San Francisco Public Utilities Commission, continues. Work to replace water mains on Geary Street east of Van Ness Avenue is being coordinated with San Francisco Public Works.
The following two-week construction forecast is subject to change due to weather delays or unexpected field conditions.
Masonic Avenue – Gough Street
Mondays through Fridays between 8:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.:
- Sewer main replacement is planned for the weeks of September 30 and October 7 on eastbound Geary Boulevard between Webster and Laguna streets.
- Installation of underground conduit for fiber optic cables is planned for the weeks of September 30 and October 7 between Laguna and Gough streets.
- Connection and testing of new water main pipes is planned for the weeks of September 30 and October 7 between Lyon and Divisadero streets.
- Water service to some properties may be briefly shut off while SFPUC connects to the new water main. SFPUC will directly notify properties in advance of any service interruption. To minimize disruption, work is sometimes conducted at night.
- Concrete pavement roadway base work is planned for the weeks of September 30 and October 7 on eastbound Geary Boulevard between Lyon and Scott streets. During active roadway work, the following bus stops are planned to be temporarily relocated. Look for “Board Here” signs nearby.
- Inbound 38 bus stop at Baker will be relocated slightly east.
- Inbound 38/38R bus stop at Divisadero will be relocated east to the other side of the intersection.
Van Ness Avenue – Hyde Street
Mondays through Fridays between 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.:
- Water main replacement is planned for the weeks of September 30 and October 7 on Geary Street between Van Ness and Polk streets. Connection and testing of the new water main pipes will follow.
- Potholing to verify the locations of existing underground utilities is planned for the weeks of September 30 and October 7 on Geary Street between Polk and Hyde streets.
- Sewer work is planned for the weeks of September 30 and October 7 at the intersection of O'Farrell and Larkin streets. During active sewer work, the inbound 38 bus stop at O’Farrell and Larkin will be temporarily relocated east to the other side of intersection. Look for “Board Here” signs nearby.
- At a later date, this bus stop will be permanently relocated to the east side of the intersection.
Some parking will be temporarily restricted in construction zones and traffic lanes will be modified during active work.
Questions or concerns? Contact us at GearyRapid@SFMTA.com or 415.646.2300.
The following 38/38R bus stops are planned to be temporarily relocated. These changes are part of work that is unrelated to the Geary Rapid Project.
- Mondays - Saturdays, August 26 - November 26, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.:
The inbound 38/38R Geary bus stop on O’Farrell Street at Powell Street will be temporarily relocated to the other side of the intersection during utility excavation work.
- Mondays - Sundays, October 1 - October 31, all day:
The inbound 38/38R Geary bus stop on O'Farrell Street at Van Ness Avenue will be temporarily relocated west towards Franklin Street while work related to the Van Ness Improvement Project is performed.
To view a map of temporary bus stop relocations citywide, please visit: SFMTA.com/TempStopMap