Weekend Late Night Closures of Twin Peaks Tunnel
Updated on Tuesday, March 6, 2018 with a later closure time for Saturday night.
Starting on the weekend of March 16-18, and continuing for up to 15 weekends, there will be work taking place inside Twin Peaks Tunnel in preparation for the summer closure. Stations will close early on Friday and Saturday nights to provide extra time to work inside the tunnel. Buses will run in place of the K, L and M lines.
For each of these weekends:
- Forest Hill and West Portal stations will close at 9 p.m. on Friday nights and at 11 p.m. Saturday nights. Stations will reopen Saturday and Sunday mornings as scheduled for regular train service.
- Buses will operate K, L and M routes between Embarcadero and each line's terminal destination. Board where you see a Half Moon sign. Buses will run every 20 minutes until OWL services starts.
- Castro Station will remain open to trains, but all outbound trains will turn around and head back inbound.
- Only T Third and S Shuttle trains will serve Church and Castro stations.
- OWL and Sunday service will not be affected by these closures.
For more information, visit the Twin Peaks Tunnel Improvement Project page.