Pay a Parking Ticket or Transit Citation
Look up citation information online
Using this page you can:
-Make a payment
-Check on the staus of a protest
-Download and print copies of a citation
If you receive a parking or transit citation you must pay or protest the citation by the due date, or you will be subject to late fees and collections fees. Vehicles with five or more parking citations will be subject to booting and/or towing. Do not pay a citation if you wish to protest it.
WAYS TO PAY
Web: For same day payment posting and electronic receipt Pay Online
Phone: Call 415.701.3099 or 800.531.7357.
Mail: Using the pre-printed envelope provided, send check or money order payable to “SFMTA” (include citation number on check). If you do not have the pre-printed envelope, mail payment to SFMTA Customer Service Center, 11 South Van Ness Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94103.
In-Person: SFMTA sales booths open 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM, seven days a week. Closed daily from 12:30 PM-1:00 PM
- Powell & Market Streets
- Presidio Boulevard & Geary Streets
Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and debit cards accepted.
DMV REGISTRATION HOLD
Delinquent parking citations will be transmitted to the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) and you will be required to pay the balance in order to renew your vehicle registration. Citation payments made directly to the DMV will take up to eight (8) weeks to be received by SFMTA.
If your vehicle is booted or towed prior to SFMTA receiving payment from DMV you will be required to submit payment for those citations directly to SFMTA. A refund will be processed once payment is received. If you have five or more outstanding citations you are encouraged to pay directly at the SFMTA Customer Service Center and obtain proof of payment to present at a DMV office to release your registration hold.
“FIX-IT” COMPLIANCE TICKETS
If you have been cited for a compliance violation such as “no plates” Vehicle Code 5200 or “expired/missing registration tags” Vehicle Code 5204A.
You may provide proof of correction by doing one of the following:
- Having any California law enforcement officer or authorized DMV employee sign the back of the ticket; or,
- If you no longer have the ticket, complete the Proof of Correction Form; or
- Providing a photo showing that you have fixed the issue. For example, a photo of a front license plate on your vehicle.
You can submit your proof by either:
- ONLINE - Completing the online form and paying the $10 fee via credit card or electronic check; or
- BY MAIL - Mail the proof of correction, along with a check for $10, to SFMTA Customer Service Center, ATTN: Compliance Tickets, 11 South Van Ness Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94103. Please note that if both the proof of correction/compliance and the $10 fee is not received within 21 days, you will be responsible for late payment penalties that may accrue.
REFUNDS FOR CITATION OVERPAYMENT
Please complete this form if you have overpaid a citation and would like that total refunded or applied to another citation.
The Fleet Program provides companies who deliver products or services in San Francisco with a consolidated monthly payment option. Participating companies receive a monthly invoice, payable by check only, representative of all vehicles in their fleet. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.