Director of Transportation Report: April 21, 2020
In this week's Director's Report from the SFMTA Board of Director's Meeting, Jeffrey Tumlin gave updates on the following topics:
- The agency’s ongoing response to COVID-19
- Ambassador program with agency staffing assisting transit in monitoring bus ridership along Market Street
- How the Essential Trip Program is helping to subsidize taxi use for older customers and those with disabilities
- Launch of the Slow Streets Program that will provide a network of streets that prioritize other modes besides public transit for essential trips while still allowing local vehicle traffic.
- Caltran’s US 101 Alemany Replacement Project shifting work to begin earlier on April 25
- Status on the closure of the Great Highway following an early April sand event
- Third Street Bridge and bicycle traffic
The SFMTA Board of Directors generally meets on the first and third Tuesday of each month at 1 p.m. in Room 400, City Hall. The meeting is open to staff and the public, or can be livestreamed through SFGovTV.