Ready or Not - Here Comes 2019!
New Year's Day (Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2019) parking enforcement and Muni service reminder:
- There will be no enforcement of seven-day street sweeping, residential permits, Monday through Friday street sweeping, commuter tow away or parking meters, including those meters on Port of San Francisco property. Visit the Holiday Parking Enforcement Schedule page for details.
- Muni service will operate on a Sunday schedule.
Ringing in the New Year on Jan. 1, 2016. Photo courtesy of Jakob Nilsson-Ehle/Flickr
New Year’s Eve Fireworks Show
Monday, 11:59 p.m.
As the holiday season winds down to a close thoughts now turn to resolutions and goals for the coming year. If you are looking to start the year off with a literal bang then be sure to venture out along The Embarcadero as San Francisco provides a colorful, awe inspiring, and booming welcome to 2019 over the bay waters. Enjoy the excitement and thrills, but avoid the chills by remembering to bundle up.
Leave the driving to us and take advantage of complimentary Muni service by utilizing Muni Metro to Embarcadero Station, any Market Street bus route to downtown or the 14 Mission to Market and Steuart streets.
Be advised that Muni service may see heavier ridership during evening and late night service trips.
Prepare for your free rides around town by checking out the full Ride Muni Free New Year’s Eve service plan. Here are a few key details:
- Complimentary Muni service from 8 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 31 to 5 a.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 1.
- Extra Muni Metro service:
- Between West Portal Station and 4th & King from 9 p.m. until 2:15 a.m.
- Between West Portal and Embarcadero stations from 2:15 to 4 a.m.
- Extra Owl service beginning approximately around 9 p.m. until 5 a.m.: 5 Fulton, 14 Mission, 22 Fillmore, 24 Divisadero, 25 Treasure Island, 38 Geary, 44 O’Shaughnessy, 48 Quintara/24th Street, 90 and 91 Owl and the L and N Owl bus routes.
- Bus shuttles will provide F Market streetcar service all day.
- Bus shuttles will provide cable car service beginning at approximately 6 p.m.
- Clipper® card or Muni Mobile customers: Remember, do not tap your cards or activate your tickets during the free service period.
- Late night transit services will also be available from our regional transit partners: AC Transit, BART, and SamTrans.
- Additional regional transportation information is available at 511.
Wishing everyone a safe and festive start to 2019!