Solar Eclipse: How to Take Muni to the Best Viewing Spots
A screenshot of Curbed SF’s map of the “10 best places to view” the solar eclipse on Monday.
If you’re looking to witness the phenomenon that is the solar eclipse on Monday, San Francisco has plenty of great peaks and parks with open views to see it. (Using the proper eye protection to view it safely, of course.)
Curbed SF listed its “10 best places” to view the solar eclipse, and if you’re not able to walk or bike to them, the best way to get to them is, of course, Muni. But it’s not always easy to remember which Muni routes and lines can get you up to, say, Twin Peaks or Grandview Park.
So without further ado, here are the best Muni routes to get to the 10 best places to view the solar eclipse on Monday.
1. Treasure Island: 25
2. Crissy Field: 28 (nearby alternatives: 22,30, 43)
3. Coit Tower: 39 (nearby alternatives: 8, 30, 45)
4. Hamon Observation Tower (de Young Museum): 44 (nearby alternatives: N, 5/5R, 7, 28/28R)
5. Corona Heights Park:, 33, 35, 37 (nearby alternatives: F, K/T, L, M, 24
6. Mission Dolores Park: J, 22, 33
7. Grandview Park: 66 (nearby alternatives: N, 6, 28/28R)
8. Twin Peaks: 36, 37
9. Bernal Heights Park: 24, 67 (nearby alternatives: 12, 14/14R, 27, 49)
10. Mount Davidson: 36 (nearby alternatives: 43, 48)