Accessible Parking Policy Advisory Committee
The Accessible Parking Policy Advisory Committee reviewed and made recommendations regarding on-street accessible parking policies, including those governing disabled placards and blue zones. The group completed its recommendations in March 2013.
Please see www.SFMTA.com/parkingaccess for more information.
ACCESSIBLE PARKING POLICY COMMITTEE MEMBERS
- Carla Johnson, Interim Director, Mayor’s Office on Disability*
- Ed Reiskin, Director of Transportation, SFMTA
- Jessie Lorenz, Independent Living Resource Center, San Francisco*
- Bob Planthold*
- Stu Smith, Paratransit Coordinating Council (PCC)*
- Roland Wong, SFMTA Multimodal Accessibility Advisory Committee (MAAC)*
- Ann Flemer, Metropolitan Transportation Commission (MTC)*
- Andrew Conway, DMV
- Pete Curran, San Francisco Medical Society
- Dorene Giacopini, MTC Commissioner
- Vera Haile, San Francisco Commission on Aging
- Henry Karnilowicz, San Francisco Council of District Merchants Associations
- Bonnie Lewkowicz, Access Northern California
- Cristina Rubke, Member, Board of Directors, SFMTA
- Jeff Spicker, Building Owners and Managers Association
- Dee Dee Workman, San Francisco Chamber of Commerce
*Also a member of the steering committee
Staff from the Mayor’s office; San Francisco Board of Supervisors; Office of the City Attorney; and SFMTA Accessible Services, Sustainable Streets, Enforcement, Finance and IT, SFpark, and Government Relations attended meetings as resources.
Richard Weiner and Bonnie Nelson, Nelson\Nygaard Consulting Associates