Accessible Parking Policy Advisory Committee
The Accessible Parking Policy Advisory Committee reviewed and made recommendations regarding on-street accessible parking policies, including those governing disabled placards and blue zones. The group completed its recommendations in March 2013.
Please see Accessible Parking for more information.
ACCESSIBLE PARKING POLICY COMMITTEE MEMBERS
- Carla Johnson, Interim Director, Mayor’s Office on Disability*
- Ed Reiskin, Director of Transportation, SFMTA
- Jessie Lorenz, Independent Living Resource Center, San Francisco*
- Bob Planthold*
- Stu Smith, Paratransit Coordinating Council (PCC)*
- Roland Wong, SFMTA Multimodal Accessibility Advisory Committee (MAAC)*
- Ann Flemer, Metropolitan Transportation Commission (MTC)*
- Andrew Conway, DMV
- Pete Curran, San Francisco Medical Society
- Dorene Giacopini, MTC Commissioner
- Vera Haile, San Francisco Commission on Aging
- Henry Karnilowicz, San Francisco Council of District Merchants Associations
- Bonnie Lewkowicz, Access Northern California
- Cristina Rubke, Member, Board of Directors, SFMTA
- Jeff Spicker, Building Owners and Managers Association
- Dee Dee Workman, San Francisco Chamber of Commerce
*Also a member of the steering committee
Staff from the Mayor’s office; San Francisco Board of Supervisors; Office of the City Attorney; and SFMTA Accessible Services, Sustainable Streets, Enforcement, Finance and IT, SFpark, and Government Relations attended meetings as resources.
Richard Weiner and Bonnie Nelson, Nelson\Nygaard Consulting Associates