The extension of the transit-only lanes on Market Street continues this weekend, Friday, July 31, as part of the Safer Market Street project. View factsheet.
The existing transit-only lanes on Market Street will be extended to 3rd Street in both directions improving safety conditions and transit efficiency along the corridor.
Construction work will take place Friday to Sunday between 11 p.m. and 7 a.m. Construction will continue into December, and will only be on weekends that do not coincide with a holiday or special event. The extensions of the transit-only lanes are scheduled to be complete by January 2016.
The paint crews will continue construction this weekend colorizing the westbound lane on Market Street between 6th and 8th streets, Friday, July 31, to Sunday, August 2.
During construction hours along Market Street between 6th and 8th streets (both eastbound and westbound directions):
- No traffic will be allowed on the center track lanes
- Local access will be permitted in the curbside lane
- The following bus routes will use the curbside stop as opposed to the center boarding island:
- 6, 7, 9, Muni Metro Shuttles, and F Shuttles
- Loading zones will not be available
For more information and project updates visit sfmta.com/safermarketst