Service Improvements Coming April 25
This April, as part of Muni Forward, we’re rolling out a round of service improvements that will increase frequency on some of our most heavily used routes. As a Muni customer, this means more service, less crowding, and less time waiting for Muni.
Coming April 25: We’re Increasing Service!
5R Fulton Rapid:
- Four buses added to AM Peak. Increased frequency to 4-5 minutes from 5 minutes.
- Increased midday frequency to 8 minutes from 9 minutes
- Increased PM peak frequency to 6 minutes from 8 minutes.
- Midday frequency increase to 7 minutes from 9 minutes.
8AX: Bayshore A Express:
- Three buses added to the AM Peak. Increased frequency to 6 minutes from 8 minutes.
- Five buses added to the PM Peak. Increased frequency to 6-7 minutes from 8 minutes.
8BX Bayshore B Express:
- Two buses added to the AM Peak. Increased frequency to 6 minutes from 8 minutes.
- Five buses added to the PM Peak. Increased frequency to 6-7 minutes from 7 minutes.
- Two additional service trips added during the AM peak to provide additional capacity.
14R Mission Rapid:
- Two buses added all day on weekdays. Frequency increase to 7.5 minutes from 9 minutes.
- Increase service span on weekends to 8AM - 6:47PM from the current span of 9AM - 5:10PM.
14X Mission Express:
- Four buses added to the line to increase AM frequency to 5.5 minutes from 8 minutes and PM frequency increase to 7.5 minutes from 10 minutes.
- Service span extension in the inbound direction during the AM until 10AM, instead of the current end time of 8:30AM.
- Service span extension in the PM to start at 3:00PM instead of the current 4PM start time.
28 19th Ave:
- Service trip added during the AM peak to provide additional capacity.
- Increased midday frequency to 12 minutes from 15 minutes.
38R Geary Rapid:
- Rapid service will now operate on Sundays, every 8 minutes.
- Increased peak service by five buses. Increased peak frequenecy to 4-5 minutes.
- Additional bus added to the line during the AM peak.
Service Span Extensions
An additional span of service extensions will also occur to the following routes, so express service ends closer to 10AM:
- 1AX/BX California Express
- 8AX/BX Bayshore Express
- 14X Mission Express
- 30X Marina Express
- 31AX/BX Balboa Express:
Rapid is the New Limited
R is replacing L for Limited-stop routes:
- 5R Fulton Rapid (5L)
- 9R San Bruno Rapid (9L)
- 14R Mission Rapid (14L)
- 28R 19th Ave Rapid (28L)
- 38R Geary Rapid (38L)
- 7R Haight-Noriega Rapid (71L)
New Route Numbers and Names
|6 Parnassus||6 Haight-Parnassus|
|8X Bayshore Express||8 Bayshore|
|16X Noriega Express||7X Noriega Express|
|17 Parkmerced||57 Parkmerced|
|33 Stanyan||33 Ashbury-18th|
|71/71L Haight-Noriega||7/7R Haight-Noriega|
|108 Treasure Island||25 Treasure Island|
Less Stopping, More Reliabile Service
The following stops will be discontinued, starting April 25:
- 6 (IB): Stop at Buena Vista West
- 6 (OB): Stop at Central
- 7/7R, N Owl (IB): Stops at Cole and Buena Vista West
- 7/7R, N Owl (OB): Stops at Cole and Central
- 9 (IB): Stops at Folsom and Marengo
- 9 (OB): Stops at 380 Bayshore and Folsom
- 19 (IB): Stop at Sutter
- 19 (OB): Stop at Post
- 23 (IB): Stop at Marengo
- 23 (OB): Stop at 380 Bayshore
- 33 (IB & OB): Stop at Cole
- 47 (IB & OB): Stop at Folsom
- 90 (IB): Stops at Folsom and Marengo
- 90 (OB): Stops at 380 Bayshore and Folsom
- KT (IB): Stop at San Jose and Ocean
This April is a milestone month for Muni Forward, and it’s only just the beginning. Stay tuned for even more improvements coming your way!