Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) conference
TO: San Francisco Taxi Drivers, Medallion Holders and Color Scheme Managers
FROM: Philip Cranna, Enforcement and Legal Affairs Manager, SFMTA Taxi Services
Please be advised San Francisco Is hosting the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) conference. Road closures related to the event will be in effect from November 14 through November 19. For additional details, please visit the SFMTA APEC webpage.
While most APEC activities will take place in the South of Market and Nob Hill neighborhoods, APEC will impact travel throughout the city. The United States Secret Service has established security zones around the conference and any additional conference-related events. Only people attending these events or who live or work inside the security zones will be allowed to enter. All other traffic will be redirected around the security zones including vehicles and people walking and bicycling. Please see the attached memo for additional information including maps. COLOR SCHEME MANAGERS: Please post these maps in a visible location.
- Expect traffic congestion in the areas surrounding the closures.
- Any taxi stands within the closure areas will not be accessible. Additional temporary taxi stands will be located at:
- 5th Street & Howard Street (north side of Howard between 5th & Mary Streets) – replaces 888 Howard
- 2nd Street & Market Street (west side of 2nd Street between Stevenson & Market) – replaces Palace Hotel
Existing Taxi Stands are available at various locations in the area [map available here], primary spots are:
- The Clancy: 299 2nd Street
- Parc 55: 70 Eddy Street
- Two lanes of the Bay Bridge will be closed from 5:00am 11/14 to 9:00pm 11/17. The I-80 Fourth and Fifth street off-ramps will close from 5:00am to 9:00pm daily from 11/15 to 11/17. The U.S. 101 vista point off-ramp north of the Golden Gate Bridge will close 11/14 to 11/18. Check the CHP website for more information.