Meter and a Half Survey 2021.06.30
As part of the 2021 Code Reform, SFMTA is proposing to update Meter and a Half rules. SFMTA is sending a survey to the San Francisco Taxi Industry to seek your input. Once the survey is closed, SFMTA will hold a meeting with the industry to discuss the results.
To ensure that your input is incorporated, please be sure to complete this survey. Please rank the choices from 1 to 5, with 1 being the choice you find the least desirable and 5 being the choice you find most desirable.
In short, the proposals are:
- No Change. Keep the rules for meter and a half the same.
- City Borders. Modify the 15-mile rule to instead set the boundary based upon city borders.
- Flat Rates by City. For destinations outside of the 15-mile radius, a flat rate will be set based upon 150 percent of an average meter rate.
- Allow the Driver to Negotiate a Flat Rate. For destinations outside of the 15-mile radius, drivers would be free to negotiate a flat rate with passengers regardless of the metered rate. The flag must still be dropped.
- Eliminate Meter and a Half. Eliminate the rule that allows drivers to charge 150 percent for out of town trips.