Renewal Fees and SFO Passenger Pass-Through Charge
On May 5, 2015, SFMTA Board approved two important items:
1. Waived the Medallion Renewal Fee for individually held Pre-K Medallions and all Post-K Medallions and waived the A-Card Renewal Fee for all active taxi drivers for Fiscal Year 2015-16 (July 1, 2015-June 30, 2016).
- A handful of medallion holders have already paid their Fiscal Year 2015-16 renewal fees, and are entitled to a credit on next year’s payment or a refund. SFMTA Taxi Services staff will reach out to those who have already paid.
- The renewal fee for Corporate Medallions was not waived, and is due by June 30, 2015.
- The Taxi Driver A-Card Renewal Fee is paid on a rolling basis throughout the fiscal year, based on the driver’s birthday. These fees will be waived, starting July 1, 2015 and will be waived through the end of the fiscal year, June 30, 2016. That means if your A-Card expires any time before July 1, 2015, you will still pay it, because you are paying for the current fiscal year (July 1, 2015-June 30, 2015). All A-Card renewal fees that are due for A-Cards that expire between July 1, 2015 – June 30, 2016 will be waived, and the A-Card is valid for a rolling 12-month period.
2. For trips originating at SFO, the allowable pass-through amount that a driver may charge a passenger has increased from $2.00 to $4.00. This increase will be in effect starting June 6, 2015. All taximeters should be re-programmed to reflect this change. SFMTA will issue an updated rate card.