Dogpatch Neighborhood Parking Plan Approved by the SFMTA Board
On April 17th, the SFMTA Board of Directors unanimously approved the Dogpatch Parking Management Plan. Implementation of the Plan will begin in August, with the installation of signs and multi-space meters. By June, residents of the newly formed Residential Permit Parking (RPP) Area EE will receive applications and guidelines for purchasing their permits by mail. Area X permit holders residing in the Dogpatch will receive applications for Area EE permits instead of renewal notices for their Area X permits. Area EE permits will be issued before Area X permits expire on August 31, 2018.
The Dogpatch Parking Management Plan establishes parking restrictions on most of the blocks and a new RPP Area, Area EE, replacing the portion of Area X east of Iowa Street. It is the result of a more than two-year collaborative planning process that involved three City agencies, members of the Dogpatch Neighborhood Association, the Dogpatch Business Association (DBA) and other interested stakeholders.
Currently, only 20% of the on-street parking in Dogpatch is regulated. When implemented, the Plan will result in regulating 96% of the parking. In general, the proposed on-street parking regulations reflect the current or planned uses on the adjoining property. A summary of the proposed parking restrictions follows:
- Commercial areas such as 3rd and 22nd streets will have a combination of 4-hour time limits, RPP parking and metered parking.
- Illinois Street will have 4-hour time-limited parking, except for one block between 18th and Mariposa streets, and one block between 23rd and 24th streets, which will have meters.
- Industrial blocks located between 23rd and 25th streets will mostly have 4-hour time-limited parking, while parking on Minnesota and most of Tennessee streets south of 25th Street will remain unregulated due to the lack of curbs and/or sidewalks.
- North of 22nd Street, many of the blocks located between Mariposa and 22nd streets will have Residential Permit Parking restrictions. Eligible residents and businesses with RPP permits are exempt from these time limits.
- Iowa, Indiana, 23rd and 25th streets near the 22nd Street Caltrain Station and the Muni Woods Division will have parking meters with no time limits.
If you have any questions regarding the Dogpatch Parking Management Plan, please contact the SFMTA Parking Department at InfoRPP@sfmta.com.