Geary Rapid Project Construction Forecast: July 17 - July 30, 2021
Photo: 38 Geary bus travels inbound past Stanyan Street on newly colorized transit lane.
As part of the Geary Rapid Project, work to replace aging water lines, in coordination with San Francisco Public Utilities Commission, continues. Surface transportation improvements, including upgraded traffic signals and streetlights, sidewalk extensions at bus stops and intersection corners, improved median refuges and red transit lane treatments, are also underway and are being managed by San Francisco Public Works.
The following two-week construction forecast is subject to change due to weather delays or unexpected field conditions.
Stanyan Street – Van Ness Avenue
Mondays through Fridays between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m.:
- Median work is planned for the weeks of July 19 and July 26 on Geary Boulevard at the intersections of Webster Street and Buchanan Street.
- New tree plantings are planned for the week of July 19 on Geary Boulevard between Divisadero and Laguna streets.
- Installation of red thermoplastic colorization in the existing transit-only lanes is planned for the weeks of July 19 and July 26 on Geary Boulevard between Stanyan and Collins streets.
- Minor punch list repairs within the sidewalk and roadway are planned for the weeks of July 19 and July 26 on Geary Boulevard between Masonic and Webster streets.
- Construction of the expanded patio at Hamilton Recreation Center on Steiner Street is planned for the weeks of July 19 and July 26. Work is scheduled to begin at 7 a.m. at this location.
Van Ness Avenue – Market Street
Mondays through Fridays between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m.:
- Water service connection work is planned for the weeks of July 19 and July 26 on Geary Street between Stockton and Kearny streets.
- Water service to some properties may be briefly shut off while SFPUC connects to the new water main on Geary. SFPUC will notify properties in advance of any service interruption. To minimize disruption, work is sometimes conducted at night.
- Roadway and sidewalk work are planned for the weeks of July 19 and July 26 at the intersection of Geary and Mason streets.
- Weekend work: Work is scheduled every day, including weekends, from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m. at this location.
Some parking will be temporarily restricted in construction zones and traffic lanes will be modified during active work. There may be brief vibrations during sidewalk and roadway excavation.
For the most up-to-date Muni service information, parking enforcement and other updates, visit the SFMTA COVID-19 page.