Post Incident Summaries - September 2023
Detailed accounts of recent major system delays of 30-minutes or longer. We apologize if you were inconvenienced by any of these delays and thank you for riding Muni. Incidents are posted on this page no earlier than the following regular business day.
Friday, September 29
- From 2:16 to 3:32 p.m., the N Judah Line was delayed at Carl Street and Hillway Avenue in both directions due to a non-Muni collision. Bus shuttles supported service.
- From 2:41 to 3:35 a.m., the 14 Mission Owl Route routed around Mission and Eighth streets in both directions due to police activity.
Thursday, September 28
- From 12:24 to 3:18 p.m., both directions of the 8 Bayshore, 15 Bayview Hunters Point Express, 30 Stockton and 45 Union/Stockton routes routed around Folsom Street between Third and Fourth streets due to police activity.
Wednesday, September 27
- From 8:00 to 8:38 p.m., both directions of the 24 Divisadero Route routed around Castro and Elizabeth streets due to a disabled charter bus blocking.
- From 3:06 to 4:09 p.m., the northbound 15 Bayview Hunters Point Express Route routed around Third Street and Evans Avenue due to a non-Muni collision.
Tuesday, September 26
- From 3:39 to 4:27 p.m. the southbound 15 Bayview Hunters Point Express and the eastbound 55 Dogpatch routes routed around Third and 20th streets due to a non-Muni collision.
- From 6:27 to 8:53 a.m., the northbound 37 Corbett Route routed around Crestline Drive and Burnett Avenue due to a downed tree.
Monday, September 25
- From 10:15 to 11:00 p.m., the eastbound 5 Fulton and 5R Fulton Rapid routes routed around McAllister and Webster streets due to a non-Muni collision.
- From 9:04 to 9:52 a.m., both directions of the 44 O'Shaughnessy Route routed around Silver Avenue and Cambridge Street due to a non-Muni collision.
Thursday, September 21
- From 7:17 to 7:53 p.m., both directions of the 19 Polk Route were routed around Innes Avenue between Arelius Walker Drive and Earl Street due to fire department activity.
- From 9:08 to 10:10 a.m., both directions of the Powell/Hyde Cable Car Line were delayed due to a disabled auto blocking the trackway. Southbound Powell/Hyde and Powell/Mason cable cars were switched back at Washington and Jackson streets.
Thursday, September 14
- From 7:36 to 8:21 a.m., both directions of the Powell/Hyde Cable Car Line were delayed due to a disabled cable car at Hyde and Jackson streets.
- From 12:26 to 2:42 a.m., both directions of the 14 Mission, 14 Mission Owl, 49 Van Ness/Mission routes were routed around Mission Street between 25th and Cesar Chavez streets due to a fire department activity.
Monday, September 11
- From the start of service until 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, the 22 Fillmore and 45 Union/Stockton Routes were routed around the area of Fillmore and Union streets in both directions due to a water main break.
Saturday, September 9
- From 1:24 to 5:20 a.m., the 5 Fulton Owl Route routed around Fulton Street and 30th Avenue in both directions due to an overhead wire issue.
Friday, September 8
- From 8:20 to 9:02 p.m., the eastbound M Ocean View Line routed over the K Ingleside Line due to police activity at San Jose Avenue & Broad Street. Bus shuttles supported line service.
Thursday, September 7
- From 4:26 to 5:07 p.m., the southbound 57 Parkmerced Route routed around the exit to John Daly Boulevard due to the exit being blocked.
Wednesday, September 6
- From 12:34 to 3:55 p.m., both directions of the 31 Balboa Route routed around Eddy Street between Van Ness Avenue and Franklin Street due to police activity.
- From 11:17 a.m. until the end of service, both directions of the Powell/Mason Cable Car Line were out of service due to a cable splice repair.
- From 8:02 to 8:49 a.m., the southbound 9 San Bruno and 9R San Bruno Rapid routes routed around Geneva Avenue and Schwerin Street due to a non-Muni collision.
Sunday, September 3
- From 3:14 to 9:16 p.m., the northbound 8 Bayshore, 15 Bayview Hunters Point Express, 30 Stockton and 45 Union/Stockton routes routed around Third and Harrison streets due to a non-Muni collision.
- From 1:17 to 2:46 a.m., the northbound 91 3rd Street/19th Avenue Owl Route routed around Third Street and Carroll Avenue due to a non-Muni collision.
Friday, September 1
- From 11:22 to 11:58 a.m., the eastbound J Church Line was delayed at Church and 16th streets due to an overhead issue.