Public Hearing Notice: Transbay Howard Streetscape Improvement Project
The purpose of this online public hearing is to get public feedback on proposed traffic safety and streetscape improvements on Howard Street, as part of the Transbay Howard Streetscape Improvement Project. Proposed changes to Howard Street between the Embarcadero and 4th Street include upgrades to bike, pedestrian, and vehicle facilities to improve the sense of safety for all users.
How to Provide Public Comment
Public feedback about this proposal can be shared in the following ways:
- Participate online on Friday, February 2, 2024, at 10:00 AM by visiting SFMTA.com/EngHearing
- To join by phone, please dial 415.523.2709 and enter conference ID 396 848 05 #
- Send an email to TransbayHoward@SFMTA.com with the subject line “Public Hearing” by the end of the day of the public hearing
For more information about the public hearing, please visit SFMTA.com/Engineering.
About this Online Engineering Public Hearing and Next Steps
- No decision will be made about the proposals while the online public hearing is live.
- All comments will be reviewed by project staff and the hearing facilitator and will be entered into the public record.
- Comments will be considered by the SFMTA Board of Directors at a future meeting before a decision is made.
415.646.4270: For free interpretation services, please submit your request 48 hours in advance of
meeting./ 如果需要免費口語翻譯，請於會議之前48小時提出要求。/ Para servicios de interpretación gratuitos, por favor haga su petición 48 horas antes de la reunión. / Para sa libreng serbisyo sa interpretasyon, kailangan mag-request 48 oras bago ang miting.
California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) Approval Actions for which the Planning Department has issued a CEQA exemption determination or negative declaration, which may be viewed online at www.sf-planning.org/ceqa-exemptions-map. Following approval of the item by the SFMTA City Traffic Engineer, the CEQA determination is subject to appeal within the timeframe specified in S.F. Administrative Code Section 31.16, typically within 30 calendar days of the Approval Action. For information on filing a CEQA appeal, contact the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at City Hall, 1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place, Room 244, San Francisco, CA 94102, or call (415) 554-5184. Under CEQA, in a later court challenge, a litigant may be limited to raising only those issues previously raised at a hearing on the project or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors or other City board, commission or department at, or prior to, such hearing, or as part of the appeal hearing process on the CEQA decision.