Service improvements launching August 13, 2016
On Saturday, August 13, a handful of service adjustments will go into effect that will make a big difference on a few key lines.
Updated route alignment to improve travel time
The existing southbound lane on Sansome will be extended three blocks north, from Washington Street to Broadway. The new lane is exclusive to Muni, taxi's and commercial vehicles from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m., daily. With this new, direct route, riders on the 10 and 12 will save up to three minutes per outbound trip.
The outbound 10 and 12 will serve two new stops on southbound Sansome:
- Broadway and Sansome Street (near side)
- Sansome and Jackson streets
The existing stops on Battery will remain to serve the 82X Levi Plaza Express.
Bigger buses to reduce crowding
5R Fulton Rapid: 60-foot articulated trolleys will be introduced on some 5R runs (starting Monday, August 15).
Transit stop adjustments
- 19 Polk: Outbound stop at Donahue/Innes will return to the farside of the intersection. It was moved nearside due to construction in the area.
- 35 Eureka: Stops added on Miguel at Laidley (both directions)
- 43 Masonic: Stops removed on Masonic at Golden Gate (both directions)
- 55 16th Street: New stop on 16th at Owens to serve Kaiser (both directions)
- Restoring pre-summer schedule: 14X Mission Express, 22 Fillmore, 24 Divisadero, 29 Sunset and 44 O'Shaughnessy