Accessible Services reports to Taxis, Access & Mobility Services
- Fixed Route Accessibility – Ensure compliance with ADA regulations; Oversee Muni operational issues that impact senior and disabled access; Conduct Transit Operator trainings on ADA regulations and disability sensitivity; Staff the Muni Accessibility Advisory Committee (MAAC)
- Capital Projects – Ensure infrastructure, facility and vehicle procurement projects are ADA compliant
- Bicycle, Pedestrian, and Parking Projects: Ensure compliance with ADA regulations and collaborate with Sustainable Streets project staff to come up with innovative solutions to preserve or improve accessibility in all projects with bicycle, pedestrian, or parking elements.
- Paratransit - Manage ADA-mandated paratransit transportation for individuals who are unable to ride Muni’s fixed route system independently some or all of the time due to a disability or health related condition; Manage Paratransit Broker contract with a $20 million annual budget, 1 million trips provided annually to approximately 14,000 registered customers; Staff the Paratransit Coordinating Council
- ADA Compliance Technical Assistance - Provide as-needed assistance to SFMTA divisions on ADA compliance issues · Discount ID - Process approximately 800 applications per month for Regional Transit Connection Discount Card, for qualified persons with disabilities and seniors aged 65 years or older